1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki ZRX 1200

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Jon Wilkens, Sep 3, 2018.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

It isn't about being burned out, it is about taking care of yourself so you you can be even better in the classroom. If one of my teachers wanted to take some personal days to go racing, I would sign their leave request without a single thought. I don't agree with using sick days as personal days, nut that is just me. I don't fault a teacher if they use a sick day as a "mental health" day as long as they don't do it too often or leave me looking for a sub at the last minute.

So, as am administrator, I say take the time and go to the races. Of course that is easy for me to say as I have over 150 sick days and 10 personal days accrued. I never take time off.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This. (Thanks Ken).

Personally, I don't appreciate the assertion that if a teacher takes a day (or even two) they are automatically burned out and short changing their students. Honestly (unless a brand new teacher) if being gone for two class periods is going to derail the students, you ARE doing it wrong.

Maybe that was not the point of the post, but it certainly seemed that way. If not, I recall my $.02.

Back on topic - race the Z Rex. :D

3. riversbikes

riversbikes Well-Known Member

I, too am a school administrator up in Canada. Aside from last year when I had to take 6 weeks after a lung biopsy (I'm OK, thankfully), I hardly ever took time off. To whit -- my retired buddy wants me to go to Hallett again (an 18 hour drive from Manitoba) to do a trackday in and around Nov. 10 and 11. I'd need to take some personal days and etc. to do so, but I just can't -- too busy that time of year, and despite still having over 100 sick days, I couldn't use this for this in good conscience, despite the benefit it would be to my mental health!

For those who asked, [​IMG] the forks are gsxr1100 from 1995 (currently at race tech as the male sliders need to be rechromed). They are the same length as the stock bandit forks. The bellypan is being modified, using the ground away areas as a guide for re-fiberglassing. The rear shock was a 92 gsxr750, but will be replaced by a 2008 gsxr1000 -- slightly longer and hopefully will benefit from an additional 16 years of suspension development! Brake and clutch levers are from Frando -- don't be scared of the Taiwan origin. They are actually very good and 1/3 the price of Brembo. I plan to post a youtube review when I get time. Bike above weighs 415 lbs using the "2 bathroom scale method". Tail section is Ducati F1 on a custom-fabbed rear subframe (out of 3/4" .058 4130 chromoly). That was likely one of the biggest weight savings right there.

418 and britx303 like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

That bike reminds me of that FJ-1200?? Harris framed bike I saw pics of from the Classic TT from 2013-ish. Unfortunately for me, your bike has my brain burning with ideas on a winter build that I really do not need to get into:D Have fun on it wherever you end up with it!:beer:

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I get that but I feel that with all the time we have off during summers I don’t need to take time off during the school year to go racing.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If I lived within a reasonable distance of Barber , I'd take the time and go to the GNF. Since it is 4000 miles for me, I might go caribou hunting instead.

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

No ZRX that I 've ever seen got close to 415 pounds...

8. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Maybe without the motor.

JBall likes this.
  9. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

There are a couple ZRX's I've known of that are very low 400 lbs...one belongs to an asshat out in AZ, but the bike is amazing. It can be done...but don't expect it to be cheap. LOL Lots of custom Ti parts to say the least. I'd love to ride one like that. The bikes Compton is making, are very well fettled and are a serious weapon on track, another bike I'd love to try.