1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Hey Papa, do you even wonder why all her social media was removed before this shit hit the media?? they can't even find good photos of the woman...zip..nada..scrubby with bleachbit..clean. I guess this is just coincidence??

jrsamples likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh lord, try to keep up. I was drawing a parallel to the claim that the judge is unsafe from liberals on the street, which is based on just as much evidence.

Da fuk does that have to do with her getting or not getting threats?

I'm trying to find a logical progression in this discussion. Should I stop trying?

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Dude, there is no fkn logical in political....(I don't really care if either of them get "Death Threats")..fkn Mork & Mindy got death threats..one was actully threatened with murder the other murdered himself.

What I am asking is WHY was all her Social Media and accessable information removed before this hit the news?? It appears to be an intentional act...just asking

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm trying to listen what you are asking me. Is there anything I'm supposed to be privy to?

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Well you know all about her accusations of sexual molestation ..and her death threats...so where did all her social media go? Why was it scrubbed?? I got no clue where it is or went or why, just speculation...and tinfoilhatshit.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good lord, you guys can continue this without me. You got this.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Oh no...get down here in the mud with us...you dipped a toe now you are hip deep.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Something that really distresses me is the complete hatred coming from the left has caused all of us on both sides of these kind of issues to allow serious issues of state go untended for all practical purposes. The left is pushing for an investigation for what purpose? Both Ford, and Kavanaugh if involved, were minors and, if I remember my news stories right, she claimed that she was "falling down drunk" during the incident. Big news! A drunk high school boy has tried to get into the pants of a high school girl. God, that's never happened before! This whole issue is moot legally so all the Democrats can accomplish is to give Kavanaugh a bad rap.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. condon66

condon66 Member well known

My point exactly in post #21.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Calm down. Maintain frame.

Yes, to me your post implied her credibility was equal to or greater than his. Sorry you weren’t more clear. :)

In my world judges are more believable than regular people, especially those who bring 11th hour charges without any evidence. Additionally I am highly partisan. Therefore I question her claims on anything and take his at face value.

Britt likes this.
  12. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Didn't see if this article got linked or not.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/09/kavanaugh-confirmation/571021/

There are so many holes in his arguments, it's painful, but it is well-written and persuasive. The problem is the standard it establishes would forever make it impossible for any man the left didn't want to see serve on the high court (or conceivably even the right). Establish any "credible" story, then essentially require the nominee to withdraw such that there is no "asterisk" behind his future service.

Funny, it reminds me of all the arguments on the bbs about asterisks behind world titles. As most of us here usually agree, even a winner with an asterisk is still the winner.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When the burden becomes proving innocence, the system has failed and we are no better than a banana republic.

14. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

A list of 70+ women, including former classmates and girlfriends, and they have their statements as well. The assertion that Ford has made is severe, but she lacks credibility. The high school party girl doesn't stack up to 30 years of consistent behavior by Kavanaugh.

This crap has gone on long enough. I doubt she will show up, this delay tactic will be drawn out. Grassley should call the vote. Multiple polls put show American women not believing Ford. The democrats have no honor or integrity.

kangasj, brex and lee955i like this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Asterisks are for people that lost.

The progressives have lost and are now full bore on two tactics to mitigate the loss. First, delay any actions that are not those they would make. Second, malign any opponent in order to discredit their actions.

This is not new and is in full bore progress since Trump won. It was done to Judge Thomas also. There is no possible way that he can prove his innocence and the way she can 'prove' her allegation is witnesses at this point. Those witnesses have made the same denials as Kavanaugh. So far the accusation has no location, time or details. Yet he is expected to dispute it. Shoot she wanted to have him testify first about his innocence on an event he knows nothing about. Modern day lynching by the party that was in charge of the more horrific versions.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This "hearing" is, in reality, a kangaroo court.
    Accusations with no legal charges and no possible defense. It shouldn't take place at all.
    If she wants to level charges she needs to do it by reporting the crime to the appropriate PD and let them handle it.

kangasj likes this.
  17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Par for the course, wouldn't you say?

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

There are two sides. There are two sides because the Democrats have made it that way. They have shut down conversation. They have called people racist(with no proof),bigots(with no proof) and now, they have labeled a man a rapist(with no proof). Democrats have made it us vs them. There is no doubt that there are shit Republicans. These cowards that bow down to this sick game the Democrats are playing. The Democrats have divided this nation into two and these Republicans are allowing it. They’re for themselves only. If you choose to belive there is a third side, then you’re either siding with the Democrats and the cowards or telling yourself it’s not a fact to make yourself feel better about the situation.

No one wants this. No one wants to only have two sides. That doesn’t change the fact that’s it’s the situation we find ourselves in.

Name one, one Democrat that deserves a vote after this. What they are doing here is disgusting. You turning a blind eye to it is just as bad.

You need to ask yourself. What side are you on. Because you either for your country where we can disagree and can have our legislators disagree without being called rapist,racist,bigots, etc. Or you’re for the Democrats. PERIOD.

blkduc likes this.
  19. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Independent. . .it means not having allegiance or being controlled by one side or the other. Interestingly enough, it’s for that exact reason that come election time, both parties seek to mobilize their bases (that’s sheep like you that would never pull the lever for the other side – better known as “controlled” and “allegiant”) and wait for it – the independents. Guess what – that now makes three sides to contradict your made up reason for seeing one of two sides. . .and choosing to align with one out of three “sides” (and even then, “independent” is not all encompassing. . .and breaks down to even more sides. . .just like conservative and liberal. . .and whatever bullshit classification you want to run with to feel good about voluntarily limiting your options as a voting citizen).

Which leads me to my next question – if your allegiance will never allow you to vote for a democrat. . .what and how exactly are you calling out republicans in regards to the advancement of this country? Because with that philosophy (besides abdicating the reason citizens are granted voting rights to keep power in check) you really aren’t doing shit because no matter what republicans do, you always got their back in elections. But I get it – it’s us vs them right? That’s not about division at all. . .come up with that one yourself. . .cause you haven’t, and there’s thousands of years of texts and history to prove that you haven’t. . .and the vast majority of those texts and history come to the same conclusion about the motivations and outcomes of that strategy. . .and the people who employ and follow it.

Your feelings aren’t fact. The detailed analysis of campaign strategies going back decades on both sides are facts; the commercials both sides chose/choose to run and which issues they chose/choose to drill home as a calculated effort to divide and secure political victories are facts. . .facts you conveniently avoid, omit and discard in regards to the right in an effort to justify a remedial political philosophy that magically becomes genius and of course. . .with the strategic ignorance of facts. . .undeniable fact.

That’s just fucking brilliant.

SuddenBraking and Chino52405 like this.
  20. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Democrats spout off ad hominem sally day long. Even tied up a congressional process with a very big lack of facts. But say one thing about it and if you don’t list any book marked fact references boy they sure call you out on it.