1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And don't think for a second that if he could get Jerry's Kids to the promise land, he wouldn't be hired pronto, drama be damned. Jerry Jones would give work release prisoners rides from the can in limos if he thought it would get him anywhere close to the playoffs let alone a Super Bowl.
    Kap sucks. That's why he's unemployed. He had a small glimmer of success under a college type offense built around him by Harbaugh. Window is closed. His social justice warrior bullshit just drew a microscope to the fact that he sucks and his off field, knee taking drama isn't worth dealing with. If he had a 120 passer rating and threw 50 TDs to 5 INTs, he'd have a job.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And that seals the deal.

He knew he needed another revenue stream.

A new way to stay in the limelight.

He found it.

It's not rocket science.

3. Spang308

I think you're giving him way too much credit, but I have no first hand knowledge to dispute you, so I'll see your opinion. My opinion: he let pussy influence his decision making and it bit him in the ass professionally. He's too stuborn/pussy whipped/whatever to fold and ask to be a teammate again. He grew up in what appears to be a normal middle class household with adoptive parents (that are white if it matters). He was not oppressed, nor do I suspect he has any idea what being oppressed looks or feels like.
    Either way, he's a shitty unemployed quarterback...that wears Nikes.

StaccatoFan and K51000 like this.
  4. Spang308

If you want a really shitty comparison, let a racer get political or a DUI or any other non sponsor friendly charge lodged against him/her. Career over. Period. This asswipe has stayed in the spotlight for years and he's a mid pack runner at best.
    Sad.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a white NASCAR or Indy driver that lost his sponsor because of something his dad said about black people like 30 years ago?

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yes

Derek Daly is Dad and Conor is his son

G 97 likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Fuck whitey.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, couldn't get past the first paragraph of absolute shit. But then again - the daily beast? How is that remotely journalism?

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Another comedy piece from The Daily Beast. Just for grins I clicked on the authors name to see what else they had written and it is a case study in TDS and some social justicy bullshit thrown in for good measure. It would be sorta funny to ask the author of that article what they thought of the Patriots and their sweaty, unwashed racist fans winning again.:D

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

R1Racer99 likes this.
  13. Potts N Pans

Im glad i have not watched an NFL game in years

XFBO likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

OJ was considered a traitor and a Uncle Tom by the Black Community until the night his ex
    Wife and Goldman were killed.

Kinda similar situation the way I’m seeing this.

15. Potts N Pans

Of course he was a traitor to them...he teamed up with Frank Drebin to crack down on crime.

mike574 and StaccatoFan like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wonder how much of that Afro McDouche is going to donate to help his felloe oppressed brothers.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Professional victim is pretty damn lucrative!

And much easier on the body .. (if not one's pride)

crashman likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Congrats to Kap. He took a page out of Jessie Jackson’s play book and executed it perfectly. Only in America can an adoptee of an upper middle class white family receive a multi million $ settlement based on alleged oppression and racism.

The thing of it is, the entire race discussion has become such a hot potato topic that it’s less painful to settle. Obama’s divisiveness has come home to roost.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why would the NFL settle and set that kind of potentially expensive precedent if they didn't do anything wrong? It's not like they lack money or lawyers to bury this guy in years of litigation. How hard would it be for them to prove that he's not good enough to play football? They must have paid them out of the goodness of their hearts. Only possible explanation.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be floored if they didn't get together and at least informally say fuck that guy we'll never hire him. Which is enough to get him a settlement.