1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kalifornia gun laws

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Feb 18, 2019.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

XFBO, cana police officer tasked w/ the job of consficating 'illegal' firearms in california, recluse hmself from such duties, if it goes against his beliefs?
    If I was police, I would recluse myself against things I didnt agree w/......exapmle, if i was on a raid/warrant and they said shoot that dog, I would say "No!"
    Can they do that? and keep their job?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And keep their job? No. However the higher ups can not order them to enforce that law and be okay.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

4. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I feel like this is going to be a regional thing. Sheriffs in many counties (like in WA) would refuse to enforce such laws. Sheriff's are elected and will be more likely to look at their constituency when making this decision. Of course the jurisdiction of sheriff departments are typically more rural. City and local PD's in more urban/liberal areas would be more likely to enforce. At least that is my take on it. I very much doubt any sheriff within a hundred miles of me would devote resources to enforcing stricter gun laws.

I'm not sure about the state police. Around here at least, I don't really ever see them involved with much more than traffic violations. I'm sure they do other things, but I never hear about it.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It's legal if it is riveted.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good thing rivets can't be drilled out. Rock on Cali with your ever tougher gun laws.

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Didn't say it was intelligent, just passes muster.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

That is hilarious.