1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K6 GSXR 1000 part-out

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by Le Skid, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

Hi all.
    New guy here. I hope joining this place to sell parts isn't considered douchey. I was told to come here by someone on g ixxer.com, as he said my stuff is likely to make someone very happy over here.

I recently bought a very nicely equipped '06 1000, which came with all the original parts too. Please don't flame me too hard but... I'm old, boring and prefer my bikes and cars to be as close to 100% original as possible.

Also, the bike is mint with only 1600 miles on it so between that and all parts, I paid WAAAAAAAAAY more for this bike than I should have so it would be nice to recupe some of my costs.

I'd really like (I'm an optimist) for one person to grab everything to make their gix as awesome as mine currently is - that way, only one transaction and one pack & ship adventure. If that doesn't work out reasonably quickly, I guess I'll sell individual bits & pieces.

EVERYTHING IS MINT / FLAWLESS - the bike only ha 1600 miles so that's the maximum possible wear on any of this stuff.

I'll start with the big items:

First-up is the very RARE, Akrapovic full Ti / carbon fiber Evolution II full race system

[​IMG]

I am unable to take a picture that does justice to this titanium thing of BEAUTY... it's a work of art.

[​IMG]

Next... BST Blackstone TEK carbon fiber rims. Comes with Galfer wave rotors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You may have noticed the race tech sticker on the fork leg above. That's because inside, there are race tech springs for a heavier rider (235 lbs), in case they're of interest to you. I put the stock spring back, as I'm a svelte 195 lbs lol.

Ohlins shock, in pristine condition

[​IMG]

Gilles adjustables.. and a dyno jet quick shifter. Will include the PC3 USB and ignition module

[​IMG]

Hyperpro steering damper, vortex levers, yoshi bar ends
    [​IMG]

OK, enough pictures. I just wanted to CLEARLY illustrate that when I say everything is minty-clean, I'm not talking out my backside.

The full lit is as follows (all in equally clean condition):
    • Akra exhaust
    • Fancy wheels / rotors
    • Currently with Vortex rear sprocket +2.
    • I guess I'll pull the conti sport attack 2s off them, unless you want them

• Ohlins rear shock
    • Gilles adjustable rearsets
    • Quick shifter (for street pattern)
    • PC 3 with the ignition module
    • Speedo healer
    • Vortex stator cover
    • Vortex keyless gas cap,
    • HyperPro steering damper
    • Vortex levers
    • Undertail kit
    • K&N air filter
    • Ballistic battery
    Since I'm old and boring, I had to look-up how much this stuff is worth. For some items, I just guessed so if I'm completely full of it on some items, PLEASE correct me.

From what I've looked-up, there's well over $10K worth of stuff up for grabs. Grey column is what I'd like to sell to one person... before I resign myself to parting out piece by piece.

Best offer over $6500 take the lot. Plus shipping from Montreal. I'll do multiple packages with Canada Post / USPS with tracking numbers (used this many times over the years. Excellent, secure service for cheap) and insurance for the really nice pieces - your call of course.

The only shipping question mark is the ballistic battery.... tbd

Oh and I'm a fastidious OCD freak when it comes to safe packaging so you WILL receive everything as clean as in these pics. See the grey column. The 'keep' column is crap staying here.

[​IMG]

Cheers

André in Montréal

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. aalpine1

aalpine1 Well-Known Member

I saw your post on the Gixer forum. you have a pm for the wheels.

3. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

Thanks @aalpine1 - response sent

Of course, the very first response is for the one piece I REALLY don't want to let go of lol :crackup:. As explained, at least for now, I'd like to see if there's any interest for selling the entire kit together.

4. aalpine1

that "little Gilles thingy " eliminated my shifting issues on the K6 and 954.

5. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

Yeah, that little thingy, I think I'll keep. It's like frame sliders, SS lines and some other minor details that aren't 'offensive' to all-original weenies like me.

6. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

Check your email @aalpine1 . No issue with customs or duty shipping to you. It's great to know someone who owns a customs brokerage!

Looks like the BSTs are sold... sniff!

7. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

Wheels just were signed-for at @aalpine1's home address.

Excellent buyer, good communicator, no BS. Pleasure doing business with you. :beer:

8. aalpine1

Thank you for the wheels! They are in show room condition!

Great seller, the wheels came really fast and were packaged very well!

9. Cybernaut

Cybernaut Well-Known Member

Hello Le Skid I'm interested in stuff you have for sale please contact me ASAP