1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just sold my TL

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Well-Known Member

This is what it used to look like before the previous owner parted most of the good stuff out.

thumbnail_B10ED5B1-.jpg

Love the rs125 Tail

Ra.Ge. Raptor, 418 and 03RumbleBee like this.
  2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

That is a kick-ass shock, alright.

How do you set the static sag with it? :D

3. Dalmatino

I sit my fat ass on it and it flexes lol

4. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

Very cool ! And also good to see you are back on track ....

Yes I noticed the shock

Hope you have some rear sets in that stash of yours as well ... Sharkskinz air ducts set you back about $ 230 but are good value compared to stock ...
    Plus of course it will be quieter with an exhaust and will get more power to the rear wheel if you add a chain.

Congratulations !

5. Dalmatino

Hey Steve, Thanks..
    Yup got everything I need and more except the Sharkskinz air ducts. I guess I'll have to get those and complement them with the airbox too.
    Now I got another stock motor to unload that's in the bike. That's 2 extra motors now...oh well I guess I'll never run out :beer:

6. Dalmatino

Oh Yea, I do need the RS125 tail and build the sub fame too. Will have to go that rout, just looks the best in my eyes :)

7. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Pics is of me on my way to first overall and first in class, and also taking over the championship points lead and a new bike PB of 1:20.3 last round in August. Plenty of fight left in the 50,000 mile old girl yet!

Next round is next weekend. I have a new rebound stack in the shock and also in the forks. Going up to a firmer construction front tyre, and a complete new brake set up consisting of brembo goldline calipers, Goodridge GP pads and a Frando 19x20 master. Gunning for mid 19s which will see me match the best times ive done in the past on my old 08 GSXR 1000 Ex-Superbike (205hp)

Will let you guys know how i go.

Attached Files:

8. crazymofo

Fresh piccy from the weekend just gone... got pole in qualifying. Then placed third overall for the weekend.

1080cc kit and cams are going in before next race weekend. FB_IMG_1505709678303.jpg

JustaNobody likes this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Is that the Kendall Berg kit? If so let me know how it goes....

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That shock gives me wood!

11. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

What exactly is a Kendall Berg kit ?

I just bought a set of 13:1 comp 1080 cc JE pistons and had Millenium bore and coat the cylinders.

Also got a set of TLR inlet cams for the exhaust side ...

Plus will check the cam timing and see if something needs doing there. And also get the crank balanced.

Havn´t installed anything yet though.

Did I miss something here ?

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It's a big bore kit people have been using that I have heard of but would want to hear firsthand on performance ect...

13. Dalmatino

Steve there's a whole tread on it in performance section on Tlzone. It seems there was some problems with quality.

14. Dalmatino

Crazymofo that's awesome!
    Good to see that there's still few people racing these.
    You'll have to post a dyno chart after it's done. It be interesting to see what another 40cc over mine 1040 will produce.
    I'm assuming it's 20cc per mill..

15. Dalmatino

Does my ass look big? lol

thumbnail_20170909_153409.jpg

thumbnail_20170909_153254.jpg

I cant decide if I should bother with the rs125 tail or not. Got to order the Sharkskinz air box and intakes this week.

Opinions!!

0813_toddy.jpg

JustaNobody likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The larger rear section looks good, but that RS125 looks better.

17. crazymofo

I actually got a 1188cc kit.. i Beleive its a KB Kit.

I plan on only using the 102mm JE pistons (13:1) and barrels and carillo rods (hehe). Leaving everything else alone other then putting TLR intake cams on the exhaust side and fitting adjustable cam gears and removing scissor gears. Possibly then going tank as airbox if time allows.

Apparently to use the crank i need to either space the barrels and do a custom timing chain. Or fit shorter rods.

Oh and in that pic.. i did a 1:19.4 my fastest ever lap of the track (morgan park qld ... ASBK track). Pretty nuts when my previous best was a 1:19.56 on a 200+ Hp 08 GSXR 1000 Superbike!

JustaNobody likes this.
  18. Dalmatino

Shit that's great but I'm sure that reason you're faster on the TL is reasonable power versus handling. Last bike I had at the track was 06 gsxr1000 and that thing was on rails. With 168hp and 82 ftlbs at the wheel it sure was way beyond my abilities to tap into anything over probably 80% - 85% at most.

I've tracked a well set up TLS before but never an R. From all I've heard and seen over the years well set ones with proper suspension seem to be quite respectable but not quite on par with anything recent.

Maybe you can share your thoughts on the handling of the R and why you're faster on it..

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I like the stock tail. It's the defining design feature of that bike and it's awesome.

JustaNobody likes this.
  20. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Some good-lookin' TLs here.

I really wish I could justify the expen$e of a 100mm piston kit, but I'll likely stick with stock-bore @12.7:1 ish CR.
    Already have TLR heads/cams here on the bench.

The whole KB/Virtuse Racing debacle was kinda sad.
    Great concept, but just cursed somehow. Every possible thing went sideways on that project. Odd.