1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just sold my TL

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

But I have a TL...

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Be like Bocarp and have 2!

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If I sold my DRZ400, I could buy another TL and would....:)

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I didn't bid on it anymore so I hope you won this.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Who in their right mind would have 2 or more of those....:D:D

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

My friggn laptop locked up and I missed the bid....gawdaman....fk.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Britt I have a extra Sebimoto one.... Can't remember right or left... I need to look... But if your order the other you can have my extra for nothing....

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I was bidding for AusseyJoe...:) or was...

9. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Well-Known Member

So for few years I've had sitting on the shelf some real fine bits waiting to be put to use. After selling the house just over a year ago these are now sitting in storage along with some other things costing me money. In last few months I came to a realization that (after 37 years of riding, building, racing/tracking bikes) I'm done and have been for couple of years but just don't know how to let go. At least I got to take a break for a while and the spark just may come back or not.
    Sold all the bikes Including the TLS project that I was doing and was going to hold on to these TLR bits just in case but in last couple of weeks decided to see if I can get a reasonable return and let go completely.
    Been hanging on this stuff like my right nut lol but for right money I may let go.
    Motor # 1 ... 134 hp at wheel. Lots and lots of work and goodies with about 3 races on it. I didn't build it but know the guy who did and he spent several thousand doing it.
    A very special ECU. 2 maps, stock and unabtanium Yosh mapping that somehow found its way in to the ecu and dyno tuned to this motor.
    Motor # 2... Stock spec rebuild balanced at 50%. About $1400 of new parts alone.
    M4 full system bran new never mounted.
    Penske conversion top of the line triple clicker with the right rocker arm (from Britt), bran new never mounted.
    Brembo master brake and clutch used.
    Set of 07 gsxr 750 forks and triples fully reworked by Thermosman never used since redone.
    Corbin seat and bunch of odds and ends.
    The done up motor would have to go 1st before selling the rest of stuff but Preferably a package deal.

What to do lol...

10. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

By package deal I think you mean you are hoping to find someone else to finish it....

Are you really sure you want to let it go ....

I have a '98 TLR which I bought new. Got my expert license riding it with the CMRA in 1999 - then hung up my racing suit for 15 years. But I took the TLR along with me through living in 3 different countries - and last year at age 60 started doing some track days and local races here in Mexico

It's great - and I don't think you are ever too old.

And with a friend of mine riding it, the TLR was the fastest bike at a track day last weekend. There is a sense of satisfaction when you get an old bike to run well.

Again, are you really sure you want to sell ???

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I am interested in that Penske and exhaust if you want to part them....

12. Dalmatino

That's Interesting...Mexico! I guess you must be retired there
    It's a combination of things for me right now and biggest one is to get off this continent for a bit. I spent couple of months in South America 2 winters ago and loved it. It's my primary focus right now and I have full Intentions to spend about 6-8 months in couple different countries starting in Nov to get a realistic view of the possibility of actually living down there at some point. I cant afford to retire yet for some time. The way things are getting to be in Canada not sure I ever will be lol..

I've lived and breathed bikes since my 20ies and my whole life revolved around it and it seems I just lost the spark. Living in western Canada for last 10 years without any decent riding roads or any local tracks didn't help any. I even built a Vstrom last summer (also now sold) with intentions on doing the trip on it, but after few trial trips totally lost the desire to sit on the bike for days and days. So, the decision is made to pick couple of countries and spend 2-3 months living in a particular location of each, learn the lingo, get more intimate with the cultures and enjoy simple life for a while and take a break from everything.

I don't have a rolling chasy just the parts listed. I sold 2 TLR's just recently, a running bike and a rolling chassy that was supposed to be built with all the goodies. Thought was to stash these parts in case I get the itch again in few years and than buy another donor bike. Problem is storage or the senseless cost of it.
    We'll see what comes out of the wash in next few months. One thing is for sure once this stuff is gone there's not much chance of replacing it down the road. It's all becoming pretty scares now as is..

13. Dalmatino

Lol will let you know in few days..

14. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

No I am not retired - just an expatriate Canadian who had enough of those winters.

Seriously, I have lived in a lot of different countries - PM me you phone number if you want to talk about relocating ....

15. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Mark just built another one cause he still had a sbk motor laying around

16. Dalmatino

Got a PM..

17. Dalmatino

Tray Batey could win on a tricycle lol..
    That guy pretty much kicked ass on anything he rode.

Heres the dyno sheet on this done-up motor. Looks like 130 with noise restriction. tlr dyno 1 april 2008.jpg tlr dyno 2 april 2008.jpg

18. Dalmatino

Would be interesting to see how it compares to Marks sbk motor ??

19. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

He told me the numbers but I don't remember what they were

20. Dalmatino

Back on Track lol!
    Couldn't bring myself to basically give the stuff away so this came up and I grabbed it.
    It will probably sit for a while, but F%$# it, maybe I'll get it build for my 60th in 2 years lol.. thumbnail_IMG_0034.jpg IMG_0032.jpg

It has a kick-ass custom shock lol..

JustaNobody, TLR67 and Steve H like this.