1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a new to me F3

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Stephen81, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Stephen81

Stephen81 Well-Known Member

A Friend of mine stripped this bike down to the frame powder coated it and cleaned everything. Replaced most everything else. Has an original 9700 miles on it. Ohlins rear shock and built racetech front end. Have a spare freshly rebuilt fox shock, and superbike tail if anyone is interested. I currently run an 03 600RR stock suspension. So can anybody tell me how the two should compare as far as lap times.

[​IMG]

2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

congrats on your new bike. if the suspension is set up for your weight and it's running right, it should be just as fast, if not faster around certain race tracks than your '03 with stock suspension.

your friend posted a lot of pics of that bike when he was doing the build. it's very clean and should treat you right.

get some b-stone slicks on there and you'll be good to go. don't mess with anything else.

3. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I remember the build pics on that thing as well. KMC has it right was very well done. What do you wanna race, vintage or new. Youll have alot more fun on that f3 than the RR because of who you are racing against. But fix that suspension on the RR and its world than the F3. But that 03RR is good for a novice but wont get you far in the expert classes. Those guys have top notch new stuff and the class is hard to keep up with.

4. Stephen81

I may try my hand on the f3 next season. What would be good v7 times at Tally? For now it's gonna be a trackday/coaching bike.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

1:03-1:04 guessing

6. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Thats moving along pretty good for those times. But if you can get below the 1:05 mark then you are still moving pretty darn fast.

7. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I've seen that bike before.............Green Honda...............blasphamy I say!

Welcome to V7.........bring lots of beer....lol

8. Stephen81

I agree if I keep it for a while it will be red!