1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just funny

Discussion in 'General' started by Harry V. III, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

2. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Yes, the 1984's would hurt you. The 1985's and 1986's would not.:crackup:

3. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

my uncle has one of those.
    the dude ain't lying.
    that bike has a power band that'll rip yer arms off, and the worst drum brakes ever.
    no thank you.

4. BRKNtibia

BRKNtibia AMAfan Wannabe

That guy must be related to AMAfan

5. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Hurt you ?, thought you are one of those Iron Men !:Poke:

I just liked the spelling and no capital letters.

6. nas19320

nas19320 Well-Known Member

His butchering of grammar hurt me.

7. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Lucky me, I was on a Suzuki RM-500 in '84. One of the best bikes I've ever owned.
    Now, I still have my '86 CR-500, and that too, is another great machine.

8. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I've seen a CR500 run in the 12's at the dragstrip... Yes, it could hurt you.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Larry Hanlon used to roadrace one of those at Loudon. He'd wear the MX armor over his leathers for psychologigal effect on his competitors. The thing used to get all hot and bog on the start if the green flag was delayed in any way. He'd clear it out and eventually catch the leader and then check out, usually winning by about 20 seconds.
    I think he also shoehorned a CR500 motor into a TZ frame.

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

"this is one bike that will scared the crap out of u if u aint rode one before"

11. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he's REALLY from Hickory. Or just visiting from _elion, SC?:D

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Could be. I have a place out here where I could open that thing up and really let it put a hurtin' on some folks

13. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Uh...I just rode a CR500 a few weeks ago. Yes it will hurt you. The first 4 gears it would snap the front end into the air. Weak suspension, frame flex, and a lightswitch for a powerband. If it were closer I'd seriously think about it for the stupid grin factor alone. (But the hospital bills would not be good.)

Yes it will hurt you.

14. sdg

sdg *

There's one and a half in the garage - water cooled though.

:D

15. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

Yeah baby! I rode one of those quite a bit when I was young, dumb and full of c%m. Probably the scariest bike I ever rode. The RM was a pretty close 2nd. Nothing like flying around a tight corner on the trails, hit just a bit to much throttle and lift the front to 10 o'clock heading straight for a tree! It was a great way to get up close and personal with God. It's amazing we all lived through those years. Ski goggles and football knee and elbow pads. After all, what could go wrong?

It was nice to get off that evil thing and get back on my Husky 360. You know, something nice and tame.

16. Roosell

Roosell It's just as I suspected

Now that right there was funny!

17. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

18. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

i had a 94 CR500, i was going to make it a motard... then i road it in the dirt one afternoon... i sold it shortly after.

That thing was awesome... just wasnt for me

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The dumbing down of America. When you post something for everyone to see, please take 30 more seconds and try to use proper grammar along with proper syntax. I know I do not comply 100% of the time, but I try. I dont come across like a dumb bumpkin like the seller of this bike does.

20. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I wasn't allowed bikes as a kid, so I'd only been riding for about 6 months when at 19 I decided that I wanted a dirtbike. At the time I had no idea what the meaningful distinctions were between 2 strokes and 4 strokes, had never ridden any dirtbike apart from an XL 175, etc. I looked at some ads, and I figured that I was a pretty big guy, so I probably should get a big-ish dirtbike.

What did I end up with? A 1981 YZ465. The short version of the story is that I'm 6'3" and I had to stand on a milk crate to start it...got it started, rode it about 300 yards, and called the PO and asked him if I could bring it back if I let him keep $50. He agreed, and I'm still alive as a result.