1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a rant....

Discussion in 'General' started by RENCRN8, Jan 3, 2010.

1. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

So I am sitting here with MTV Cribs on in the background and something really bugs the crap out of me.

This show is full of BMX riders, MX riders, Nascar drivers, Skateboarders, and we wont even mention the rappers cause they dont have any bearing on my rant.

Why do we live in a society that all of these folks, as talented as they are, can live in the lap of luxury and our professional Road Racers can't for the most part.

I don't want to take anything away from these folks because they obviously have talent, but is it more or less than Road Racers?

I know this has been beat to death, but man it really bugs me sometimes.

What do we have to do for our talent in our sport to shine through? Any chance of it or is it a lost cause.

Is it even worth discussing?

2. racertex

racertex vintage dude

maybe some guys want to be out of the limelight. if i had a nice place, a nice collection of bikes, etc......i'm pretty sure i wouldn't want to advertise it. RRW used to do a cribs thing back some time ago.

3. RENCRN8

It's not the point of being on Cribs, I wouldn't want to advertise my shit on TV either. It is the point that it seems to me that the Road Racers in this country are being forgotten about. I could be wrong.

With all the talk elsewhere about peopel having to buy rides and such, it leads me to believe that most fo the AMA guys aren't able to live like these other athletes. I happen to believe it is not because they are less deserving either.

Sucks really...

4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

The pro roadracers are not forgotten, just not known. MTV doesn't care what those guys do, but who they are and the demographic they appeal to. Jason DiSalvo has a really cool house and cars, but the MTV demo does not know who he is. I've wanted to see roadracing in the mainstream sports for the last 30 years, but it just can't get the media attention it deserves:down:

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

BMX, motocross, skateboarding, snowboarding etc are way cheaper than road racing. Therefore more people are able to do it and relate to it. The bigger the crowds, the bigger the sponsorship dollars. There' a lot more money to spread around because of those reasons.

Road racing is a niche sport. It's the part of it that I hate.....and love.

6. RENCRN8

Hell I dont know who half these people are either. So lets petition MTV to include Disalvo in an episode of Cribs. Anyone else we should include?

7. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

There's always "He who shall not be mentioned"... :p

8. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

9. RENCRN8

Hell even though I think he has made some bonehead moves, I wish his little reality show had grown wings. If nothing else maybe it would have brought some light to this sport.

10. RENCRN8

11. eggfooyoung

I don't know, but Hacker couldn't pull tail like that while being a roofer. Look at that dude! :D

Gawd she's HAWT!!! :clap:

12. RENCRN8

+1 :wow:

13. eggfooyoung

Ever seen her in person? That pic doesn't do her justice.

14. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

IMHO the proble is not talent the problem is the AMA! the markting team (if ther is one) sucks, I have said it and I'll say it again these guys are drones they have no personality on tv. A publicists job is to get their client attention and the AMA cant get arrested.

As for JRP he cannot become the face of USA racing, he sucks! OK he is faster than me but he is a nobody as far as racing is concerned.
    Jamie Hacking would be a great candidate for Cribs. His wife is hot he has a nice collection of cars and I dont know about his new house but his old house was real nice.
    They could show him training on dirt bikes roosting dirt and for fun drag racing at the track. Then show some high speed shit and that amazing save from last year would be pretty cool.
    But most important he seems to have an opinion even better he seems to want to share it with others.

15. Booty Freak

Booty Freak Well-Known Member

Professional motor sports just cost too much to do
    versus riding a $400 dollar BMX bike or a $150 dollar skateboard.
    Chances are you can share a BMX track or skateboard park with a pro
    versus sharing Laguna Seca with Rossi. One time I went six years
    between racing a ABA National & actually made the main against factory
    riders while racing in a long sleeve shirt, jeans, a mtn bike helmet. Not
    gonna happen in the AMA or even Wera for that matter. BMX & skateboarding
    can be done in a emtpy field or parking lot. For that reason alone it
    will always have a stronger following than road racing. Shoot even track
    days coast you a average of $500 bucks when you add in entry fee, tires,
    gas, & lodging. I skated the local park here in Charleston yesterday for
    a mere $10 dollars.

16. RENCRN8

He may be nothing, but at least he is doing something to try and bring road racing into the publics eye. I give him credit for that. Does he think he eis bigger than he really is???? Maybe....

17. rolandk

rolandk Warm-up lap winner

I wonder how many people on Cribs actually own all that stuff outright. Wouldn't surprise me if most didn't.

18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Nicky Hayden was showcased on MTV as the 'Kentucky Kid.'

19. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Careful what you wish for.

If more people start paying attention to what we do,trash/theives come in.Go to a sprint car/dirt track race <not flat track or TT> ,notice how they lock everything up when it's night and there's racing to do the next day.Those guys have to literally watch everyone else at all times.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

100% agree.

If someone can market a Snuggy then it should be a no-brainer to market a sport with hot chicks, young guys, danger and speed. I'll put two bikes, two umbrella girls and a video kiosk in malls across the US and I guarandamntee you it will draw. Make event tickets available right there and have a racer show up and sign helmets. What's so hard?