1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Brookes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What series is he running? I see he has a gofundme up and it seems whatever it is he's doing, he's paying for himself.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dang, hard to think he doesn't have a ride or sponsorship dollars. Just shows how tough things are at the pointy end of things.

3. Want to say BSB and footing his own bill.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

5. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

The Go Fund Me is for his wildcard entry at Phillip Island. It looks like he has pretty much built the bike from the frame up, painted it, and prepped it in his garage. Cool to see his effort and passion.

6. Agreed...but it is also sad that someone with his talent and resume has to do that.

It is especially surprising when we are talking about the BSB. I figured BSB teams would be jumping all over him. Hell, if nothing else there are probably MotoAmerica teams that would love to have him. Of course there would be a lot of logistics involved in that though, and it is really late in the game to get started (at least for this year).

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You do realise that he has a BSB ride, right? The gofundme is just to do the WSBK round at PI.

8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Didn't he replace Ripsoli for this year?

9. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I believe so, yes.

10. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I would have thought he's be in the PBA.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He brought his BSB championship bike to Phillip Island to prove that his results last season were related to machinery, not his talent. I'm paraphrasing but that is what's going on at least so far as Phillip Island.

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

James has moved to FS-3 Racing, under the QuattroPlant banner. Riding a ZX10

13. I knew he was riding in BSB...and that the GFM was for WSBK.

But I thought they were saying he built his BSB bike all by himself in his own garage. That is why I was so surprised.

14. Personally, I think that is a kickass thing to do and a good mentality. I wish him the best.

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

From what I read - he got a tad too loud about Yamaha bypassing him for a seat in WSB when they jumped back in and he was fresh off the BSB title - so they are basically giving him the big FU!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A valid complaint imo.

17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Very valid complaint but there's a tactful way of doing things and then there's the Brookes/Crutchlow method. The latter is usually more entertaining for us fans, but generally it's a quick way for the riders to screw themselves.

With that said, Brookes probably would've been out of a ride this year anyways even if he rode in the factory team considering that the Yamaha was a steaming pile of shit last year and they sacked Guintoli because he's getting old and brittle, even though he was clearly the stronger rider.

cav115 likes this.
  18. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

He assembled it from a box of parts in his own garage. He posted a bit about it on twitter IMG_1855.JPG IMG_1856.JPG IMG_1857.JPG IMG_1858.JPG

Ra.Ge. Raptor, Steeltoe and throwdown like this.
  19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Not looking that great for him after testing. Down in 17th, almost 2 seconds off Rea's pace. The only thing he can say is he's ahead of Bradl at least, but Bradl's new to production-based race bikes (for the most part).

I can't imagine his Milwaukee BMW bike was that much worse than Althea's BMW and Torres finished the championship in 6th place on that bike and Brookes was in 14th. I think Brookes had some bad luck in a few rounds last year, but he was never gonna be a podium contender. He's good, but not that good.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Isn't that the bike just for PI, completely separate from his BSB ride?