1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nigerian scammers - beware

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by Dave K, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Attention: If you received a PM or an email from him do not respond or email him and definitely do not send him money. He is a Nigerian scammer and you will not get anything you paid for.

Once again Do not send johnpollard594 any money, he is a scammer.

2. Desertdude

Desertdude Well-Known Member

To add to this, was contacted by this same dude, who steered me to a guy who goes by Kyle Morgan who insisted we only communicate via email. Would not talk to me via phone, wanted me to send payment via Paypal friends/family to not him, but his secretary. Paypal has no recourse to get your bucks back should you send money in this manner by the way. All sounded hinky to me so did not proceed mostly due to the no recourse with Paypal should things not go as represented. So to add to the above, doing business with either johnpollard594 or Kyle Morgan, let the buyer beware.

CHOJI_MOTO and Beresh21 like this.
  3. Desertdude

Desertdude Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave K by the way for this heads up, was wondering if I should post something before you did. Let's keep this community safe from this kind of BS.

Beresh21 likes this.
  4. Giants324

Giants324 Shane636

I could tell he was sketchy. He messaged me saying he knew someone who had pitbull trs pins i was looking for. The email was that kyle morgan. The price was normal but the guys language was slightly off and when i said i wont do friends and family he never responded. But he went through all that for 60$. Glad you got rid of him.

5. MikeyG2323

MikeyG2323 Well-Known Member

wish i did more research but it was christmas and was caught up in the hustle and bustle got me for $350 for a set of ninja 300 forks with ractech internals sent me pics and everything same m o bought headlights from kyle morgan has what your looking for dont have paypal but my secretary does once the money was sent not a peep from sither one

6. Sean Mah

Sean Mah Well-Known Member

For future, it doesnt matter to the seller whether they get the money via f&f and goods and services. Pay the 3% and they will receive the same amount. Goods and services is mostly to protect the buyer.

G2G likes this.
  7. MikeyG2323

Thanks my bank put back the money pending a investigation anybody who has had dealing and burned by this guy I would like to hear your story

G2G and Sean Mah like this.
  8. mkolankowski

mkolankowski Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to me with a set of wheels he insisted I send him money friends and family which I did not. He than proceeded to tell me to send him a few hundred friends and family to ship the wheels cause it was the holidays and he needed money for his kids gifts. I never sent him any money but he kept emailing me trying to get money from me I told him good and services only.

9. MikeyG2323

thanks for sharing any more out there keep the incidents coming my
    bank credited my account the 355 while they investigate shows that this guy does not have what he sells he is straight commiting fraud not some guy that kept your money and didnt send your part he conning ff the looking for and send pics knows what to say the makes you a offer you cant turn down and theres the con

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm debating on changing the title of this thread and turning this into a buyer beware thread. Problem is some people are jackwagons and lose their minds if someone doesn't send them a picture, takes a few minutes to reply or are just too high maintenance as a buyer so the seller "fires them" as a customer and complain. Even had one DEMAND I contact the seller for him and then ban the seller because he was told to get screwed.

We'll see.

11. rotax454

rotax454 Well-Known Member

Dave, I am a member on a large Offshore Performance site. They have "Beware and Stolen" section. Offshore Only is the forum. Sure does help in identifying the scum. Sorry, boat talk.

12. Beresh21

Beresh21 Well-Known Member

Here we go again! My gut wants me to believe that this is John Pollard coming back for us again. We gotta do something to keep these threads safe. Please see the attached screenshot I took this morning. It is the same message John Pollard used to scam me and other individuals early on. Please block PaulPeterson020. Buyer Beware!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. MikeyG2323

That’s him bought headlights and this guy has what you want exact same line that lured me the send to his secretary’s PayPal report and stay away my bank investigated and gave me back my $359 so l got lucky

14. Sb polo

Sb polo Well-Known Member

I got the same messages verbatim as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. MikeyG2323

How about you contact PayPal and set this guy up and we get rid of him they know about him my bank worked with PayPal and my bank gave me the $350 back I was lucky

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Be careful, they are trying to create new IDs here and continue the scam. I caught a bunch of new IDs that follow their SOP.

I'm killing the IDs as I catch them but be warned on dealing with people here you do not know!

17. cee

cee Member

That response looks familiar. Response seemed off, so I didn't engage with it.

And speaking of off, just realised that I might have got a better series of responses if I had gotten the title correct and asked for a 2017-2020 triple clamp.
    13x_scammer.png

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He was one of them and you should be hearing nothing more from that ID.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Get em Dave

[​IMG]

The.Johnner and Newyork like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Add any PM telling you to buy from [email protected] to the list of scams.

and if you're vindictive asshole and know how to sign an email up to be spammed, sign up [email protected]

Do not deal with people with 0 posts here that PM you and refer you to another dipshit "'cause he is is wicked cool and has the part you want."

Beresh21 likes this.