1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Johnny Rea to replace Iannone?

Discussion in 'General' started by ShadowBoxer, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'toe likes unicorns.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

'toe is a bronie!!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The what now?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't play dumb, Pinkie Pie. :crackup:

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The Pink Pony is in Myrtle Beach! :clap:

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

...Using rebadged customer Hondas.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

you rang?

[​IMG]

8. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. Zarco needs to stay at Tech 3 for another couple years. Jumping onto Suzuki when he could *possibly* go to Yamaha factory would be a bad move IMHO.

BigBird and ShadowBoxer like this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Fascinating how these 'rumours' take hold.

11. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Rea does point out that the rumors were probably started because AI29 is underachieving and also mentions that he is capable of fighting in the front on the right gp equipment.
    Cuts the bullshit out on both points for sure.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who started this rumors about Johnny Rea?
    Probably MCN looking to sell issues.
    Steeltoe like to touch the peepee
    and at the thoughts of Johnny coming over he used up all his tissues.
    All the euro glossies held their breath in glee
    and metalhead loves the beegees and disco

13. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Metalhead doesn't like the beegees. Disco, on the other hand...

14. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree totally, just keep getting good results until the "yellow puta" (lol) retires and take over his ride. But here is the but, Zarco is older and Mav should only get better with time and if Rossi stays until 2020? That's a big gamble he would get the factory seat being as "old" as he will be by then. Just sayin....

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Huh? Why on Earth would I want Johnny Rea on the bike? He's a thousand years old and will retire in wsbk. Don't want anyone born before the 90's. Young and fast and willing to take risks. That's the criteria.

16. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

The risk isn't worth the reward. It's almost a given that Rossi will race through 2020, and possibly even after that.

Zarco would be a moron to sit there in a satellite team and wait for Rossi to retire; way too many things can happen over the course of three years to take that gamble. If he gets his hands on a Factory deal he better take it, especially at Suzuki next to Lorenzo for 2019. :)

17. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

David Emmett has written repeatedly that the rumor was true and nearly happened. allegedly, it was only Suzuki Japan that balked. apparently WSBK riders are held in even lower esteem than previously thought, and that's saying something.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't read Emmett's stuff (yet) but I would have liked to see Suzuki snap up Rea and maybe even Chaz for a satellite team. Who cares if their combined age is like 97.

Only issue would be they're woodpile Brits and there is already too many of them on the motogp grid. :D

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

And unable to develop a newer bike. :Poke:

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Young or old, they need a really good development rider. Vinales seemed to be making the bike better but this year's crew has gone backwards. They'd be better off to bring back Bautista and DePuniet.

Knotcher likes this.