1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Johnny Rea Cal Crutchlows Cal Crutchlow

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 16, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Does it matter who's passing you when you're talking to the corner workers more than your mechanic?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Every time I see people react like this to a rider commenting on another guy, I wonder if you guys think about what question he was answering. If someone sticks a microphone in your face and asks "do you think you could be better than XYZ?", I don't think it's unreasonable to say "yes," if it's someone of similar ability. It's not like he was asked if he can beat Marquez.

masshole, Robby-Bobby and BigBird like this.
  3. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

BUT, I'd rather be a 4th receiver in the NFL instead of an All-Star in the CFL (cue angry Saskatchewan fans who argue the CFL is "just as good")

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Exactly!! Plus, how hard is it to beat a guy making gravel angels every weekend :D

BigBird likes this.
  5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Rea beat Cal based on...

First 2 MGP races (Rea 8th/7th for 17 points...Cal 11th/8th for 13 points)

The actual races both were in (Rea 8th/7th 17 points...Cal DNF/4th 13 points)

Rea beat him heads up in 2010 in WSBK. He had more wins, podiums and points than Cal. Rea had that awesome Honda and Cal had the Spies hand me down.

I guess Rea can say that he could beat Cal. He did in WSBK and he did in MGP. I think he could hold his own against Cal if they shared a grid again.

6. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Exactly my thought. It would be one thing if Rea released a press release just stating that but that isn't the case. Someone asked him the question, what else is he supposed to say...

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

One is in Moto GP

The other in WSBK.

One is the absolute pinnacle of motorcycle racing.

The other...........not so much.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Doesn’t mean much. Pretty sure Rea is faster than Yonny Hernandez :D

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Has VR46 ever blabbed about being faster than someone else? Hell no! Boy just gets it done!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Really, it's too bad that Marc VDS imploded before signing with Suzuki. Rea would have been a great rider for them and Suzuki.

11. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Motogp worked out well for bayliss and edwards......

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

“I really respect his [Crutchlow's] achievements. He has done incredibly. He is one of the fastest guys in MotoGP, along with the top three or top four.
    “Sometimes I look to him and I feel like I can do that, I can do better. I'm not jealous, I'm proud of him.
    “I used to race and beat Cal – certainly more than he beat me. Now he is doing so well in MotoGP, I'm really proud, because I could race against him and now he is doing so well.”

... whole lotta praise for Cal, just a few words saying "i can do better".. I don't read the few words, i look at the entire article, all he said, and put it all in context. It's not arrogant, it's not a big diss on Cal, I see it's his opinion. And he's arguably right.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

GTFO with that bullshit.

At what point was Toseland leading his home Grand Prix by country fucking mile and had his motor let go?

Bitch please. Their careers and not even the same planet.

G 97 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not babbling but plenty of times Rossi has communicated this very fact.

PS. Where did JR state he was faster then CC? o_O

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don't understand your point. Sure, Bayliss didn't find a long term home in MotoGP. Edwards was there for 12 seasons, finishing in the top 5 for 3 of them. That seems like success to me.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The whole quote really puts it in context. I actually came across it this morning and thought of how my impression was wrong in this thread.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd argue that Rea, right now, is well in the top 10 motorcycle roadracers in the world right now.

I'm going to cause a semi riot with this opinion: I'd rank him ahead of Vindaloo, Zarco and (the riot part) Rossi at the moment.

MELK-MAN and Robby-Bobby like this.
  18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

As much as it may pain me, the Yamaha boys are being held up by equipment, not by talent.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Those were just three riders who are great but I'd put behind Rea regardless of the brand they are riding. Yeah, the Yamaha ain't great at the moment but it's no joke.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Zarco I'd agree with but do you honestly think Rea could throw a leg over the Yamaha and do better than Rossi and Vinales right meow?

cha0s#242 likes this.