1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Johnny Rea Cal Crutchlows Cal Crutchlow

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 16, 2018.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah but he already paid that out years ago to replace rearset's exhaust and Frames and Bodywork and clip on's and rims and of course Pebble Replacement.

badmoon692008 and cajun636 like this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Niall MacKenzie was on around $360,000 more than 20 years ago riding for Honda.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Not proven in MotoGP. Rea could no doubt do well in MotoGP, but maybe not. Look what happened to Toseland and Ben. I don’t think Rea’s better than those guys were. Rea can say coulda shoulda woulda all he wants, but Cal’s survived and thrived with numerous team and technical changes over the course of 8 seasons. Maybe Rea could’ve done well, or maybe he could’ve had a shit time adapting to the tires, busted his shoulder his first season and left the sport.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pedrosa makes €1 Million a year in salary. HRC is not going to pay Crutchlow more.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I know we're all a bit biased around here, but, are we seriously lumping Ben in with the piano man?

Am I the only one who thinks (knows) Ben was sabotaged to make way for that cunt from Tavullia?

crazymofo likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He doesn't need to make more to make seven figures. :D

Pedrosa had pretty much zero negotiating power last time around. I wouldn't be surprised if they were paid the same.

BigBird likes this.
  7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It didn't help that Rea spent so much time on the CBR . He was loyal for way too long and I think he missed the best time to enter GP. Now all the decent seats are locked up 2 races into the year.

Kudos to Cal for holding his own in GP but I'm willing to bet it's not just talent that has kept him there all these years. There's no other characters like him

BigBird likes this.
  8. Philkinson

Philkinson Well-Known Member

Let's not forget about how well Jonny did in his back to back sub rides for Stoner back in 2012. First time on a GP bike and finished in the top 7 twice

418 and BigBird like this.
  9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Objectively, I'd say Piano Man and Ben weren't that far off. I’d say Ben has the edge, but not by an enormous margin. Sabotaged for JoT? Doubt it. Didn’t give a fuck because they were pushing him out for JoT? Probably.

He did really well. I’m sure on the right ride and with good fortune he could’ve done really well. He didn’t want to jump to an inferior bike though, and no team would take a risk on a production guy when there were young GP hot dogs in the pipeline. Only Herve does that. Sometimes the stars don’t align. Just the way it is. He seems to have done alright for himself anyway!

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Bench racing at the absolute highest level.

Like racers or track day guys looking at times from a race weekend and bragging about their theoretical finishing position.

The first step in winning a race, or even finishing one, is being in it. I get that they're trying to stir up drama, but this doesn't do it for me.

Sabre699, 5axis and badmoon692008 like this.
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Cal being out Cal-ed by Rea.

What's in the water in the Northern part of GB?...

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

At the end of the day, they both are on the best machinery in their respective classes and one has 4 championships and the other can barely finish a race

Sent from my smatrfone

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well he could have left and gone to Yamaha, Ducati or Suzuki. :D
    No matter what, Puig got his revenge.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I meant the time he signed his current contract. Puig wasn't involved yet, if I remember it right.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You might be right, the Puig timeline is all wonky to me. Was Suppo and Nakamoto both still there in 2016?

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

EXCUSE ME. Wash out your dirty mouth, knuckledragger.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry. I wanna like her. Honest. I do.

crazymofo likes this.
  18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Damn! :crackup:

19. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Yes, but how many world champeens is Cal lining up against every Sunday?
    How many world champeens does Sobby Johnny have to beat? Sad Sykes...?

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That was lame stuff coming from Rea. Sounds bitter to me.