1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Hopkins Signs with FB Corse MotoGP Team

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris13, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

"For their MotoGP effort FB Corse will be using a three cylinder machine, which is the left-overs from the now defunct BMW MotoGP effort"

:confused:

3. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

word! what kind of bike will they be using?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Proprietary FB Corse chassis and leftover experiemtnal BMW 3-cylinder engines.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/fb-corse-triple-join-motogp-2010/

Former World Superbike Team, FB Corse, looks to be poised to enter the MotoGP Championship series for 2010 with race bike that uses a proprietary chassis and a 3-cylinder motor that was originally designed for BMW’s MotoGP effort.

The motor was designed by Mauro Forghieri, of the Oral Engineering Group, who was an engineer from Ferrari’s Formula One program. Forghieri has also designed engines for the likes of Bugatti and Lamborghini. If rumors are correct, this three-cylinder motor is the same one that BMW had hoped to campaign, before scraping their plans to join MotoGP.

The motor is unique in MotoGP as it will be the only inline triple raced in the series. Because of the fewer number of cylinder, it is expected to make around 200hp-210hp, or 10% than the other bikes on the grid. However with the power disadvantage, comes a weight advantage, as FIM regulations allow for a three-cylinder motorcycle to weigh 15lbs less than a four-cylinder configuration.

The power difference is also a lesser concern because FB foresees that the new motor restrictions (6 for the whole season) will cause the high-strung motors of 2009 to be replaced with more reliable counterparts for 2010. With more reliability comes less power, and that could tip the balance of power (if you’ll allow the pun) in FB’s favor, who would then have a motorcycle that makes just as much power as the rest of the field, but also weighs 15lbs less.

With an all Italian design team, it seems almost certain that we can expect an Italian piloting the FB come 2010. So far early rumors point to Ducati Pramac man, and former FB WSS rider, Niccolo Canepa, but, names like Alex de Angelis, and even James Toseland have been also whispered in the paddock as possibilities.

While the team has a laundry list of technical and non-technical hurdles to overcome, one thing is for certain: Dorna and the FIM will be pleased to see another season start with 18 motorcycles on the grid. Also, new blood in the MotoGP series is always a good thing, hopefully FB Corse will be able to put up some good results in their first year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

I would be available to ride it

6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I'll give it one thing,~~ it's pretty..
    Cheers, Lee S.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hope it doesn't catch fire like that last triple. (Sorry it was the first thing to mind.)

Nice to see something new on the grid!

8. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

Are you referring to the Aprilia Bar B Q?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Not really fair. Wasn't the Aprillia BBQ due to someone not properly fitting the fuel fill or something?
    Cheers, Lee S.

10. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

I am allways up for a Aprillia BBQ just never know when I can get a ticket to the show ?

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Interesting!

12. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Glad to see him get a ride but it sucks he probably will only be a grid filler on that thing. It does look cool!

13. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I bet John is thinking "If Marco can revive himself on the Hayate..."

Step 1 will be not getting hammered the night before a race...

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

are you serious? looks like shit if you ask me. of course, i guess nobody asked me either... carry on.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:stupid:

16. speedfree

speedfree not so slow as all that..

"John Hopkins' season ended tragically early when the perfect primary balance of the inline triple highsided him off in the first practice session, ripping his pelvis from his spine. He plans to return for the fourth round at Magny-Cours..."

"John Hopkins' return to the grid ended prematurely when his head was severed in another brutal highside during wet practice. Randy de Puniet will be filling his spot on the FB Corse machine for the remainder of the season..."

"John Hopkins has announced a return to MotoGP for the 2012 season, as primary rider for the newly-formed Hyosung squad, utilizing the 1000cc formula..."

"Randy de Puniet has had an amazing season, finishing second in the MotoGP championship on the bike that caused so much heartache for John Hopkins. Some say he would have won the championship had he been in place on the FB Corse squad from the beginning..."

Sorry - as you were. :D

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Douche ^^^^^^^^^^^^

18. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

:crackup: :stupid:

19. light 3

light 3 the bot

hopefully they have the money to last the season. good luck hopper.

20. speedfree

speedfree not so slow as all that..

aww, c'mon...you're gonna label me a douche from a single post? that shit was FUNNY. poor guy has shit luck, fo real.

in my non-douche life, i've been a huge Hopper fan. he showed great promise riding the Red Bull and Rizla Suzukis, no doubt very talented. the above was all tongue-in-cheek. i hope he does well, and doesn't hurt himself any more.
    the reality, however, may be a bit more harsh...