1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job opening in Idaho

Discussion in 'General' started by Bugslayer, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Okay, I’m going to call on the almighty BEEB for help. That's how desperate I am. :)

Holy shit, after finishing, this is super long winded. Oh well.

I am in need of a mechanic, fabricator, electrician, maintenance type dude for my packaging company. I am willing to pay up to 70K/year for the right person.

I started this company a little over ten years ago and basically built it from the ground up. Doing everything. From designing and building the equipment, to sales, customer service and bookkeeping. This part is important to point out, not to sound like an arrogant asshole, but to bring into focus the type of person I’m looking for.
    We have all of our other bases covered at this point, but I can’t find the last piece of the puzzle, a good mechanic. I was lucky enough in my job history to have a little bit of exposure to a lot of different skills and be able to apply them to what I do now. See below.

We are a contract packaging company that specializes in packaging herbal/dietary supplements. We specialize in the flexible packaging side of things, pouches, packets, stick packs, blister cards, that sort of thing. We package powders, pills and occasionally liquids and creams. We have a variety of equipment from a variety of places. Vertical form fill and seal, horizontal form fill and seal, horizontal blister card machines. Both intermittent and continuous motion. Machines from Italy, Spain, Canada, UK, USA and Turkey. Oh yeah Sweden too. We are a “roll your own” kind of company. We get the machines in and modify the crap out of them to make them do what we need them to do.

What I’m looking for:
    Machinist background (able to make usable parts on a lathe and mill, can drill and tap holes, has basic understanding of speeds and feeds for different types of metal)
    Welding background (able to stick shit together with both MIG and TIG)
    Strong mechanical trouble shooting skills (our equipment involves a lot of mechanical actuation, line shafts with cams acting on different types of levers to produce different types of motion)
    `Electrical background (knows the difference between 3 phase and single phase and how to use it)
    Control circuit knowledge (understands and can trouble shoot 24 VDC motor controls)
    Pneumatic knowledge (understands and can trouble shoot electromagnetic pneumatic controls and systems)
    Plumbing background (understands the difference between an NPT thread and an NPS thread. We also have many valves and fittings that are metric)
    PLC and VFD knowledge (understands and can trouble shoot these systems)
    Proximity and fiber optic sensing knowledge (understands and knows the difference between sinking and sourcing, inductive and capacitive.)
    Preventative maintenance experience (we don’t have, but severely need a PM program. We also need cataloging and inventory of critical spare parts. We also need cataloging and storage of change parts for the various machines)

I’m hoping to find someone that not only understands these systems enough to trouble shoot and keep machinery going, but also can use the knowledge and has the skills to innovate and improve our processes.

I feel this is a unique opportunity for someone that has the skills and knowledge I’m looking for as I am willing to let them have free run on this department and make it their kingdom. I am not one of these guys that thinks the mechanic/tool room/shop area is an afterthought. It’s what got this place going and keeps it going, I just can’t be out there any more.

We are on our own piece of property and in the middle of an expansion. We recently purchased the property and building behind us and we are connecting the two together, When done we will be up to 25,00 sq. ft. with eight production rooms.
    I have what I feel are some great ideas for growth, but there is no way I’m to move forward with these with this key position lacking like it does.

Oh damn, this thing got really long. Hopefully it’s within the rules and it doesn't get blown out :D

I am deadly serious on this and willing to help with relocation also. If interested please email me.

Web site: rockymtnpackaging.com
    Email [email protected]

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

This looks like it would be an awsome opportunity for the write person

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Someone who knows how to right... :D

4. ped

ped Banned

how about 40k to a so-so person? lmao

5. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Is that based on a 40hr work week ?

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

sounds like a good opportunity :up:

7. sdg

sdg *

I think you're gonna need to up your price based on what I've seen lately around here...

8. sdg

sdg *

Consider two guys. Think you're gonna have to get incredibly lucky to find one guy to cover all that...especially in that range.

9. cccolin

cccolin Well-Known Member

almost makes me wish I would have gotten that maintenance tech Assoc, so I'd have the other half of the skills needed. Wouldn't mind being out in Idaho.

10. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

You should see of you can reach out to the North East area. (NY, NJ, PA, DE)
    We were heavy into Pharma here, and there were a lot of packaging machine mechanics. The ones that were in Contract Packaging would most likely be a better fit.
    That being said, it reads to me that you are trying to get an engineer for a mechanics wages, unless it is really cheap to live in Idaho. :D

11. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies.

Yoyo, yeah, I guess it does kind of read that way.
    I'm really just looking for a good mechanic type though. Some one with good problem solving skills, some tenacity and imagination.

I'm no engineer, just an average guy with a high school diploma and I get by.

12. sdg

sdg *

I'll submit that if you're currently handling all that, you're no average guy...

13. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member