1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jennings Gp Track

Discussion in 'General' started by Bones74, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

:) Anyone been there? and how is it? I may be going next week and any info would help thanks.:up:

2. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

i think just about everyone in the south east has been there and it's a great track! Just take bug spray, those skeeters will eat you up.

3. Bones74

Well I am about 1400 miles away, kind of sucks.

4. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

pit on high ground.

[​IMG]

5. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

dude he ain't kidding about the bug repellent bring enough to last your whole stay!! The track is awsome. i was there last weekend. You will love the track i definately recomend getting a racer to show you a fast line cause there are a few turns that might throw you off until you get used to em. Have fun:up:

6. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Half the track is pretty open; the other half is pretty tight and kinda tricky in places. It flows well, though. The whole place is as flat as a pancake. The skeeters aint that bad, but the gnats are a pain in the ass in the morning. Wait until it cools off a little, if you can. Also, if you go off into one of the ponds, make sure you get out fast.....some of the gators are kinda big. :D

7. carpediem

+1

if you run wide in T9 don't try to cross over to T11 b/c you'll drop about 6 feet into a pond (mud hole). I watched a guy do it during an "open" track day where all the experts, inters, novice's were running together and one guy got spooked and went straight across. I felt bad for the guy but I couldn't help but laugh.

8. Bones74

Thanks, I'll watch for the Gators, Never thought of that.

9. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

its a great track, i like it. everytime i go into turn 11, it feels like im going to lowside. its a fun track, and definitely bring the bug repellant! and plenty of water.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fire ants.

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

probably my least favorite track in the southeast. i dont like the mickey mouse back section...it messes up the flow.

12. carpediem

really? I've always felt the track flows really well b/c it never goes from really fast to really slow quickly. 1&2 are fast 3,4,5,6 slow down 7,8 are really slow and then it opens back up. I don't like things like at Road ATL where you go wide open in T1 and then dang near stop through the little esses. If you get stuck behind someone there is no way to keep your rythem.

o'well to each his own.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Great track, shitty management.

14. Reckless_Kelly

Reckless_Kelly Well-Known Member

:stupid:

15. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

Due for a repave, there is only about 8in of good pavement in turn 8, but its still a real fun track. Oh be sure to have fairly new tires, its kinda hard on them.

16. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

+1 on the repave

17. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Crazy but it works, take dryer softener sheets if you don't like bug spray and keep one on ya. It actually works. I like the track, pavement gets greasy if it is hot, but you still can turn the same times, just the rear slides a little more.

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I like the track a lot. I ride there any chance I get

19. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

not to mention its cheap track day to espically if go on a monday. I was there late july did a monday track day. I still run in the beginner group with all track days I go to but sonner or later I think I'll get bumped I was going to ask them to bump me Jennings. But there where like 6 people in the group so I had the whole dam track to my self. And the one or two people that where really slow that I laped where easy to pass. So I had no concerns.

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

heres the website if you need additional info. www.jenningsgp.com
    THere are signs at the inner and outer apexes with big red dots.. connect these dots and you can enjoy your day alot more.