1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jennings GP Endurance Race

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by t11ravis, Jul 15, 2012.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's not like it's a point's paying or big purse race.
    Depending on how many 600/1000's you could just run all bikes together.
    Again it depends on entry size.
    250's start in the 2nd wave.
    How are you planning on gridding?

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Highly unlikely that happens. Plans are for the 250's & big bike to race separately, which I'm sure you already are aware.

The closing speeds in certain area's of JGP (particularly T3) between the big bikes & 250's is fairly high. And, when you consider most of the peeps there hasn't ridden around with one another, then that's unnessary to risk, not to mention of the headache's the bigger bikes would have when/if they had to park it into T3 because a 250 got there before they did.

But, like you said.... if it were a very light turnout (which it will not be ;)), then all things are possible. :D

Gridding.... good question!

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

250's will definitely be a seperate race (if the min # of entries is reached).
    Management is still working on how we're going to do grids. My opinion is by date of entry, what do you guys think?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. SpeedyTide

That, or draw #'s out of a hat on morning of race (riders meeting).

I'd prefer pre-entry.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Pre entry.

6. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

Pre entry. When can we register? :D

7. SpeedyTide

That's my team captain/owner! :D

8. t11ravis

9. t11ravis

Grids to be based on date of entry.

10. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I was a bit confused at first but it looks like what you're saying is that the trackday on Friday is the "9-5 race practice" and that's the day there will be a license school, etc.

11. t11ravis

Exactly. Everything is on Friday.
    Race practice (already licensed) will share sessions with the school just like we do at all the races.

12. jay956

jay956 Well-Known Member

Oh man. My bday is the 23rd, and im looking to start endurance racing next year. Will try to pull something together.

13. vvargas

vvargas vvargas

Damm ill be in Peru racing! miss endurance races @ jennings!.;)

14. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Bare with me here, I'm a little slow to catch on sometimes, but is the Friday practice day included in the race fees or is it essentially a Jennings trackday with a "race" group at the usual rates?

Sounds like myself and a couple friends are putting a 250 team together. This is gonna be a blast!

15. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

That's a good question Chuck. My first inclination was that they were completely separate and each individual had to pay for his own practice for Friday. If a complimentary track day was included in the $400 entry fee for the endurance race that would be a smoking hot deal. I seriously doubt that's the case but it sure doesn't hurt to ask.

It's nice that the price for the trackday is so manageable for licensed racers though.

16. t11ravis

Sorry, they're seperate.
    Friday practice will be run like a normal trackday but it is for licensed racers only. The license school will be out there in the afternoon too but that's it.

17. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

250s and 600s to open bikes together would get someone killed for sure.
    I wouldn't consider being on track if they were combined, and surely I'm not alone.
    Thanks for the only rational decision.:beer:

18. t11ravis

Registration cutoff: 11/2/12

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If possible, see if you can get a registration list up with what class entered.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You want to try and cherry pick a one off fun endurance race? Seriously?