1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I still think JL is in it for the titles and wins/podium stats. If it was for the money...I think he would have gone to Ducati by now.

retro53, BigBird and throwdown like this.
  2. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

VR and Mav at Yamaha would be awesome. and scary for others down the road with Mav learning from Rossi.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Now, all we need is a story about Maverick having a poster of Rossi in his bedroom...

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  4. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

So Lorenzo said Rossi was lucky to get an offer from Yamaha since he didn't have any other options. What a whiney little bitch.... Lol Guess it stings when a guy 8 years older pushes you that hard. They're also reporting the on track argument between VR & JLO continued in the garage.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and that his sponsors pay him when he wins the championship and George's drop him when he wins it. :D

Focker likes this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The other angle from the Rossi signing and the probable JL signing is that Yamaha has become much less interesting for the next alien invasion.

Rins (et all) might look more towards Ducati, Suzuki or Honda.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Poncharal was on French TV today saying essentially that unless his boys unexpectedly start winning this year, their time at Tech 3 has run its natural course and it's time to bring in the next young riders to develop.

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Rins is obviously a target for Yamaha in the Tech 3 team, but I am curious as to who the other top young prospects currently are.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, there's a bunch of them. Rins, Zarco, Corsi, Cortese, Pons and those are just a few from moto2. There's more.

Going to be a lot of new riders in world superbikes next year.

Steady T likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, no, no. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd take any of those three over Zarco. I just don't see the upside to him unless you're offering him the factory Yamaha seat.

12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Which session was this?

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I was watching the BT Sports feed and Colin Edwards and whoever the other pit guy is were talking about Smith being on his way out - that its a development team, and well, he's not developing the way they'd hoped. Edwards says he's good enough and works hard enough, but struggling on Michelins. I say there's too many British passports, and they're going to start whittling down their numbers.

14. Lawn Dart

Looks like he pushed a few others harder in qualifying too. :crackup:

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

3 brits is too many?...

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

1 Brit is too many.

17. Lawn Dart

I don't have a problem with them, but as much as it pains me to say, Cal isn't going to win any championships. Smith likely won't either, but could be a Limey Dovizioso (at best) on a Honda. Redding still has some potential left at this point.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's 4 too many.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Forgot about 'ugene.

Mindya, he might object being called a brit.....

20. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

FP4