1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

418 likes this.
  2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

C'mon....Xaus was never strong ON the Ducati. :crackup:

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Is agree with that particular quote.

Ianonne has that drive you see in champions, IMHO.

Qatar- I disagree with the artical when it states he(29) raced Dovi . From my seat it looked like Dovi was the one that went back past.

Argentina- Terrible track conditions. I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) Ianonne said he wasn't going for a pass but that when he braked he was off line a little more slippery. Racing incident. To play the other side, if he was attempting the pass. 2nd is better than 3rd and he didn't choose politics. He chose 2nd and it didn't work. I would say Vale, Marc, Lorenzo and Mavrick would go for the 2nd. 4 points mean a lot in a championship, ask Lorenzo.

Montmelo - His fault without a doubt, with circumstances and reactions to them, that maybe every other rider possibly would have been guilty of. Racing incident that revived a deserved penalty.

Assen - What can you say about this race. Bith Duc's went out. Both front end. So many that day, you have to look past it as any sort of measure.

His attitude may put many off, sure. But he has that drive. if he takes that and forgets about all the drama with Lornezo that has obviously placed stress in the team and is now lead rider. He'll do extremely well. I know of another Suzuki rider who didn't give a shit who you were. He came to win.

Suzuki will be the test. If he does well he'll have a long career if he wins a WC or not. If not, he's still fast enough that you'd choose him over most for your B teams.

TBH, it's been strange watching this year unfold. When the first rumors that Lorenzo might(with a good chance) leave for Ducati. I put Ianonne in his(JL) seat. The way the season has gone for him is what has kept him from being in Yamaha.

Long but my two cents on Iannone.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

With Ianonne's affinity for Gravity, the only one he's impressing is Isaac Newton.

IMHO Ianonne's problem ( and Ducati's problem with him) is his failure to take responsibility for his actions. Qatar, okay he was pushing, but Argentina, that was just dumb. Part of this game is thinking and that sometimes entails finishing tenth instead of crashing. Ianonne has hubris in spades, what he needs is humility.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I just think he doesn't have a slow button. His mantra well in the Italian equivalent is probably, "bin it or win it." I like that attitude. The Duc may not be the most forgiving bike though once it gets out of shape, wonder if he was on a Yamaha if he would crash as often.

7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

8. I really didn't think zarco would leave Moto 2 or if he did he would go to Suzuki.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

He's at a age it's either now or never. Starting at 25 is old for MotoGP now.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He had a contract with Suzuki to be considered for 2017 but they got Rins. If he didn't go for 2017 he most likely would never have gotten a ride in motogp.

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. The Great One

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wonder how big the check that comes from Dorna to take Yonny is? Really Good rider and good for the series but there's better without rides.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Probably a fair amount since Argentina doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah and they killed off the Indy round to put a race in Brazil and that worked out great didn't it? :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Dorna doesn't care about the gate, they care about the promo fee and the tv rights.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap but how much did they get from Brazil? Even if Indy only paid $500K for the race (they paid much more) it's better than the 0 they got from Brazil. :crackup:

17. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I thought Dorna got paid up front?

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I gotta wonder if there is an actual check to Aspar from Dorna for keeping Yonny. They already get a lot covered because they are a private team. Travel, tires, machinery stipen. If I was another team, I'd be pissed if Aspar was getting extra funds. I bet there isn't an extra check.

Of course, Yonny himself brings a lot of money to the team. That's prob hard to turn down.

19. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Yonny represents all of South America.

20. The Great One

Why would another team be pissed? They could offer Hernandez a contract too if they want to receive the financial benefits that he can bring to a team.

Jack Miller recently did an interview where he said that Dorna pitched in financially for one of his rides prior to signing with the Ajo team. Dorna definitely puts their money behind certain riders when they can deem it to be a worthy investment. If they didn't, the MotoGP "World Championship" would just become a larger version of the CEV.

BigBird likes this.