1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And Rossi has proved he's faster on equal equipment.. All just spot in time. Are you saying Lorenzo was on a Suzuki yesterday?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That's do AWRSOME!

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm glad that his persistence in seeking a factory ride actually paid off. It's been widely rumored that Suzuki will have an option on Rins after two years like they did with Vinales. If Rins is as good as Vinales is, I can't imagine Suzuki not finding themselves in this exact same situation all over again. They better field a truly competitive bike or else they'll lose another up and coming top talent to a more competitive factory.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Now Herve Poncharal has no other choice but to deal with Laurent Fellon (Zarco's manager). That's going to be a fun couple of years. :D

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Has he had to deal with Monsieur Bartolomy yet?:D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not that I recall. Well, at least not in a team owner capacity. :)
    As IRTA president, hhe probably does on a regular basis.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Has anything been confirmed up 100% about LCR staying with Honda? Zarco and Asparagus 1 at LCR Suzuki?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Zarco is not even doing the 8 Hours anymore. Forget MotoGP on any Suzuki.

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Damn, that Caterham was virulent!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, just read he bailed on the 8hours.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Since Rins signed with Suzuki, i'm guessing Zarco sees no need to take the risk and 'impress' them.

Suzuki 2017 is going to be Iannone/Rins.

15. The Great One

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Poncharal said yesterday that he doesn't see what possibly derail a Zarco deal and that they are just finalizing technical details.

17. The Great One

That's great news but I am still a bit shocked by this. I can't even remember the last time that he has two rookies in the garage at the same time?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't remember off the top of my head either. The only one I know for sure would be Jacque/Nakano. Wait, is that even right?

Anyway, when you look at who was available, willing, and not a step back in time (Cal), who else was there? Zarco has matured a lot over the past two years. I think it's going to be more like 1.5 rookies.

19. The Great One

I actually was expecting him to make a push for Aleix when he mentioned possibly switching to WSBK, but Aprilia obviously locked him up. Bautista also would be a decent choice, as long as he's got the budget for spares.

20. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Bautista is Rumored to be returning to Aspar. Aleix has a good relationship with Aprilia from their ART days so the Aprilia deal is no surprise.