1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep

Discussion in 'General' started by TWF2, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

2. FXCLM5

FXCLM5 Well-Known Member

Is this Z?

I bought your 09 zz r1

Dont mess around, get a Unimog

I have one, and dont fukn believe you dont have one yet.......

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

What is top speed on unimog, 20? :)

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

04 Rubicon. It's a Jeep is all I can say. Bulletproof 4.0 I6. Rides rough, is loud, but the hard top helps with that. Mine is slightly lifted w/ 285s. I drive it all the time and my 16 GMC Sierra SLT sits in the garage. It's cool, people love it, other Jeep folk wave at each other like motorcycle riders do. I also have people asking to buy it all the time.Whipping into tight spaces is a breeze as is turning it in a small area. As a second driver, it's a fun little rig. It's getting a 4.7 stroker motor when the 4.0 gives up.

Attached Files:

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

masshole likes this.
  6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

What the hell. I build one with a few options. Came out to be

33,123.85*
    Transportation and preparation not included
    Transportation charge: $ 750.00

For a fourwheeler thats not even street legal?

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Yes that is it. Looked at one last night but we did not agree on price. If I don't find one at decent price I will just buy new X3 (2 seater).

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I haven't come across one of those X3 RS Mavericks in the wild yet, but they sure look the business. The competition in the SXS world is getting really good. Maybe Honda will finally grow a pair and release their sport model that has been rumored forever (yeah, I know, never happen).

9. FXCLM5

FXCLM5 Well-Known Member

mine, it crawls around max speed 46mph

the new ones are freeway legal 70+

common man, you have had the most exotic shiznits!! you need a unimog!

$22k toy right here
    https://www.expedition-imports.com/43511510113457

10. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I have one of those. In 2 wheel drive!! :D

11. I almost pulled the trigger on one last year but missed out.

12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You should drive a YJ or CJ for a few weeks, so you can appreciate the comfort of your TJ.

And don't hold your breath for the 4.7, those 4.0's are usually good for at least 250k.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do keep forgetting a lot of people think the old Jeeps are TJ's and agree - anyone thinking the ride is bad needs to drive one with leaf springs :D

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. Mine is at 200k, runs fine and only burns about a quart every 1500-2000 miles.

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Mine burns no oil at 173k. I'm dropping the stoker motor in at 200k need it or not. I assume everyone's 4.0 sounds like a diesel cold. Those must be some of the worse lifters ever put in an engine or there is some engineering flaw limiting oil flow to them. I've been told the OEM lifters were the issue, but I can't confirm it.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I always thought it was the injectors cycling. Never had an oiling issue with either of my XJs.
    The only issues with the 4.0 engine is '00-'01(?) when they changed the manifold to the head...and that they discontinued it. :D
    There is also an emission valve thingie that "taps" until warmed up. Also not an issue...or maybe that's on the 4.7(?)

With the 4.7, keep the oil fresh, no issues...and not a parafin-based oil. It develops sludge, blocking oil passages...
    Also, do not ever allow it to overheat.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My JK has a serious ticking noise, guessing it's a crack in an exhaust manifold but hoping it's something terminal so I can bitch and whine and drop in a V8 :crackup:

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Anything Jeep that is not a Grand Cherokee and used for road transportation always makes makes me wonder what that person did to make god hate them that much.
    Abysmal handling on roads. I don't care what generation it is. A Mercedes G wagon feels more nimbly bimbly and can go up a 70% incline stock [says so in owners manual!].
    Like with Toyotas and Hondas, buying used means you'll get shafted and pay a crap ton for lots of miles. New is the way to go here.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Love my Jeep, handles great for what it is, especially around tracks :D

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, when its cold it sounds like there is a bag of ball bearings rattling around inside the engine. Apparently it is normal so I just don't worry about it.