1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeans of big guys or no more Levi's 560's

Discussion in 'General' started by gpz11, Nov 6, 2019.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Ariat. Builds stuff to fit anybody.

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yep. You don’t have to look like you’re wearing denim yoga pants, and you also don’t have to look like you rock all white New Balance kicks either.

I’ll offer this, tho - if you are finding women who are judging you by the contents of your wallet, you’re on a path to lose what’s in it. ;)

R1M370 and R Acree like this.
  3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I think I am average, but the clothing makers think if you have wide shoulders and a broad chest you must have a belly to match.

Rack suits say I have a 40/42 waist.
    You can't get something that much larger taylored enough even in athletic cut

4. Scotty87

you need a new tailor dude. I have almost identical measurements but I’m an inch shorter than you. Esquire slim fit shirts fit great out of the box. As far as suits, my tailor is a little old Italian lady and she has no trouble taking the waist in in the pants and jacket without it looking cut up at all.

Fencer likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Isn't there a super athletic cut? 10" difference, a 46 chest, 36" waist is still a little baggy for me.

6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

If their is, i have never come across it.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A local suit shop recommended that for me about 12 years ago. It might have been their own fit or style, but it did fit better than most.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Mine's a little old Italian man....he only accept cash and does some impressive work. I fear that proper tailoring like that is become a dying art form.

joec likes this.
  9. Scotty87

Me too. She’s gotta be calling it quits soon and I’ve not found a good replacement.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...I stopped dressing for others' approval about 20 years ago. Eff em.

backcountryme and sheepofblue like this.
  11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I’m with you. I wear Wranglers or Marks Work Warehouse brand jeans because the fit, and they are cheap. I give 2 shits what anyone thinks about them. Down with brand whores. Ha