1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Janie's GNF

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Janie McCommons, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Janie McCommons

Janie McCommons Well-Known Member

Tuesday: We were supposed to leave by noon. At noon, Jeff was still painting his bike. We left by 7:00pm & arrived at Jeff Wright's house around 10:30, cleaned out the spare room and assembled the spare bed......crashed.

Wednesday: At the track by 7:00am so Jeff could get in a whole day of practice. Pitted with Ryan for the day, was changing bar weights, broke off bolt, broke off drill bit, broke off drill bit, cussed, stomped, broke things, got a new bar from somewhere, Ricky disassembled upper triple, installed new bar, reassembled upper triple, got in two rounds of practice. Mark Crozier arrived with his monster rig, we set up our pit with him & Kris.

Thursday/Friday: At the track by 7:00am, I worked all day, Jeff practiced in the morning and played mechanic all afternoon. Tripp Nobles hung out with us and helped Jeff work on his suspension (Loads of thanks to him and Traxxion Dynamics) Mark had races both days, I think.

Saturday: 7:00am. Work. Practice. Jeff's first race was B Production, running second, ran out of gas on lap 6......only DNF all season that didn't require skinz repair. Jeff was actually happy because his bike was better than it has been all season, so he wasn't too bummed about the DNF. Can't remember how he did in B Super, but he WON Formula 1 Novice!!!!!!! Fabulous passes in 10 & 11! I was at start finish with Chuck & Charlotte and I think I kissed them both! Well, Chuck didn't mind, anyway. Oh, I almost forgot...After Tray Batey's first win, I congratulated him in post-race tech. He hugged me and smooched me on the cheek (I think he was so happy he would have smooched Ed Bargy if he had been the first one there!) So anyway, when I got back to our pit, I was bragging that the legendary Tray Batey had smooched me. Tripp and Mark and Kris picked on Jeff about his wife makin' out with Tray Batey in Winner's Circle and it was really funny! Tom & Barb cooked a fabulous feast at the track that night, with Stickboy as entertainment. That guy's NUTS!!

Sunday: Blah, blah, blah.....Diane and Jim got married in Winner's Circle!! I saw Darlene Batey at the wedding and told her about Saturday and we laughed and I told her that if some crazy red-head ran up and kissed her, not to be alarmed, it's only Jeff messing with Tray...And then Jeff got second in 750 Production!!! Now we get TWO, count 'em, TWO big trophies! Okay, so the races are over & we go to the banquet. Everyone looked great, great food, etc., Jill & I are the Trophy Tramps for the evening. The first big trophy Tray gets, I step up to hug him & give him his trophy, he takes a BIG step back and says, "I got in trouble with your boyfriend earlier!" He acted like I had COOTIES! When I got back to the table, I asked Jeff what he said and told him that Tray thought he was serious! He said that Tray couldn't have taken him seriously, because he was joking. All he said was, "Man, I don't know what it is about guys that get paid to do what they love to do......they think they can just grab anybody's woman! And I thought you were one of the good guys!" So anyway, I took him over to meet Darlene & he hugged and kissed on Darlene till he got Tray's attention & told him they were even now. Darlene loved it, but I'm still not sure if Tray believes Jeff was joking in the first place. It was too funny!

Thanks to:
    WERA for letting me work & play this season.
    Kris Wall for being the Felix to my Oscar.
    Jeff Wright for the tremendous hospitality.
    Mark Crozier for just being Mark. (Pa, too)
    Tripp Nobles for the suspension & entertainment.
    Steve & Curt for all the dirty work.
    Tom & Barb for the food.
    Kris, Ryan, Stephen, Ricky, and all you who run with scissors (with my husband) and manage to still be friends later.
    And most of all, my Pumpkin Head, Jeff McCommons, who occasionally lets me run with scissors, lets me drag him to racetracks all over the southeast and actually tries to get involved and find something to occupy his time at the track so he won't get bored (he is so supportive of my hobby), while I'm gettin' my kicks wearin' the WERA blues! He doesn't even bitch about all the money I spend on tires! What a man, that man of mine! [​IMG]