1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Miller “we dont even use 6th gear here”

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jul 24, 2020.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

You think they would redo the whole transmission to use all the bikes ability at every track...

vizsladog likes this.
  3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

The can change sprockets but they cant change the transmission, can they? The motors get sealed prior to the season starting, right?

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’m certain they have cassette transmissions. My guess is they probably have assemblies with different ratios ready to bolt right in.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'd have to check but I think that gear ratios are final when you seal the engine. Cost reduction measures.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Subscribed. This interests me.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Cassette transmission.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Or is that only in WSBK?

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

definitely no cassette in WSBK....

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You could be right. Maybe it's the smaller classes in GP? Or none of them, I'm not sure. But I seem to recall seeing/hearing that mentioned at some point.

11. I know the transmission ratios are fixed in WSBK. They can only change sprockets. I remember a video where Rea was bitching about it and the compromises they have to make.

Not sure about MotoGP.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, these were the rules also 2017 (most recent one I currently have on my laptop):

transmission.jpg

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

I know at Road Atlanta I would used a taller gear ratio and not use 6th gear. This for. Gsxr1000.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Only 24? :D

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Moto3: Cassette
    Moto2: Whatever Triumph puts in there (Prod based engine)