1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've reached a new low

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Flying out of Alaska this morning after missing my first flight. I was deemed to drunk to fly, I asked the lady? How drunk do you have to be to not be capable of sitting in a seat and put on headphones??? She didn't see the humor:beer:

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

They probably thought that at your stage of inebriation, you'd monopolize the toilet. :p

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I congratulate you sir. What else did they expect you to do in Alaska?? Seems unfair.

BigBird likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I got cutoff flying from PHL to SF about a decade ago - was not drunk in the least but the flight attendant decided that 6 Jack and cokes were his arbitrary limit (I was using points and flying 1st class so had unlimited drinks). I was legitimately sitting there quietly reading a book and just cutoff..........fuck those assholes.

That being said, I've never been stopped from getting on a flight from being too drunk (although have been arrested as soon as the plane landed, although I was eventually released and not charged).

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm sorry lolol I'm still laughing. :crackup:

6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Do tell.

7. Captain Morgan

It was weird, I definitely was drinking but she had a power trip and it was against the "law" to allow me to fly. Tried to pull out the charm, that didn't work, went Caribbean roots and tried to bribe her, no go. Definitely ready to get out of the states where everybody tries to save you from youeself

K51000 and Phl218 like this.
  8. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the rule is: If they can look at you and tell you're drunk, you're too drunk to fly. :crackup:

9. Captain Morgan

Not a fan of rules

10. It happens a lot in West Africa. I know of at least 15-20x where guys weren’t allowed to board.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Would she have preferred you'd driven?

K51000 likes this.
  12. Captain Morgan

And how is that retaliative?

13. I’m a guy who hasn’t had a drink in just under 5 years but I was probably the drinking equivalent of a mid pack moto go rider or at least the pointy end of he WSBk field. Plus I’ve has lounge access as long as I can remember, many many flights straight from the bar to he airport in the am. I’ve been cut off quite a few times but never for being too drunk, they can just only serve you so many. Quite a few times I’d have to wait an hour or so for another drink etc. but to be cut off in the morning, in Alaska of all places, sir I’m damn impressed but also disappointed because real drunks know to not say a damn word getting on a plane.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  14. Air Marshall’s are :)

15. And that’s got to be pretty damn drunk.

Mark: were you alone?

Slider82 likes this.
  16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Too drunk to sit? That’s why I prefer private jets ... and Ryanair.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Why, is that what you said to her?

Isn't that the one that charges you money to take a dump on the plane?

Captain Morgan likes this.
  18. Captain Morgan

Lol, 2 worlds apart but a ryanair flight is cheaper than a short cab ride

19. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who doesn't believe this is the first time this happened to Mark151?:D
    Or at least that this is a low for him :crackup:

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Been hammered, hungover, sober and on a steep incline (i have 3 bourbons with that coke) on planes.

Never got kicked off.

Kudos.

However, on a flight to Mallorca for a bachelor party without a bachelor, i had to go take a piss during takeoff. Flight attendant told me i was not insured if something was gonna happen. LOL