1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by LowSider, Jan 18, 2005.

1. LowSider

LowSider Some Guy Racing

...V7's split - separate races for HW and MW. Great move, thanks Mongo! :beer:

Now this (of course) comes out after sending in my pre-entry a few hours ago :mad:

One negative for me - the V7MW race is right after the Senior Superbike race. How does this work? How do you get gridded for the next race, especially if you have to go to post tech? I enjoy the hell out of both races, and don't want to give either of them up. Any ideas or experiences?

Edit: One more thing - the yearly schedule says race direction at Tally on 2/5 is cc, but the race schedule says clockwise. :confused:

Man, I'm full of something today. I just need to race :D

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Man, I hear ya. Usually, I don't mind the off season so the wallet can heal. But this year I am so ready to get back out there. What is it now, 3.5 weeks to TGPR?

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Actually only 18 days :up:

4. melch

melch V7 Pusher

If you tell Chuck you have back to back,he will usually give you a little extra time,but thats a heavy fuel load we'll have to carry,which sucks and I wanted to run 6Hw on the 400.Oh well,You can't always get what you want--------repeat.

You just have a case of PMS like the rest of us.
    Parked Motorcycle Syndrome:beer:

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Re: Re: It's official...

You could always bring your gas can and a bike stand to pit road, and do a quick splash of gas on the 5 minute board of the 2nd race. :confused: :up:

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yeah, what he said. You could just sit out 7mw.

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Go straight to the guy wih the clip board and yell "Next race".Then tell him your number.I had to do that all season long in '04.Don't leave his side until he writes down your number.Then head for the track...........

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Put the fule on pit lane, tell the post tech person either before or immediately after your race and let Chuck know - that'll giv eyou neough time to get refueled and watered and ready to roll again.

9. melch

melch V7 Pusher

But Stick,without following me how would you know where to go??I better not,I dont want you going the wrong direction on the track.Its a safety thing.:beer:

10. LowSider

LowSider Some Guy Racing

Good enough...I'll do it. When Fuzzy posted '18 more days' it hit me - I ain't ready! Oil change, brakes, this and that.

Better get busy :beer:

11. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

'91 GSXR 750 for Sale ... or trade for a F2/F3 ... if I've got to run against Melch and Stick, then I might as well get beat twice.

12. stickboy274

That's a good point. Tally would be real hard for me.

"but it's the way I went last time here, why can't I go that way now?"

13. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Because its in the rulebook,V7MW Stickboy must follow Melch no exceptions regardless of age.Its in the new revised braille issue.:cool:

14. stickboy274

That can't be right. I'm the 05 spinach 7 champeen. We already found that out. Are you supposed to bail out at the last minute or something?

15. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

That's great we're splitting V7MW and HW.

But do we really have to go back to back with Senior Superbike? I would think a large majority of V7 (and V6) guys are also Senior guys.

I know it's difficult to accomodate everyone, but please Mongo try to split those for us.

I would really love to run all three races, Senior, MW, HW, but I just don't like running back to back races, and in fact, I won't. Not a threat, just a fact. I've done it before and it's not fun.

My first suggestion would be to just switch Senior SB to the first race, then A-SS second, then the V7 race. Looking at the schedule and classes, I would think A-SS has the least amount of Senior guys.

Thanks.