1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's NASCAR, but still

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

THIS is suspension worthy?

"You know as I fly across the United States today I’m ready various people’s political views and I have to say a famous four star Military General that I spent time with in the MidEast told me Mike let me give you some advice don’t ever get in a conversation about politics or religion unless you are really smart. I said why do you say that comment His response it’s like being balanced on a single edge razor blade if you slip you will get cut!

Think about that before we all make foolish uneducated post! Moral of this story is most of use just repeat what we have heard we really don’t know.

Have a great positive day!"

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/mi...y-nascar-for-social-media-post-220934256.html

Is everyone in the sports arena jumping the shark?

2. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

It sounds like this is the mea culpa post about whatever the original post was that got him in trouble.

backbone and Yzasserina like this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I thought that too last night when I read the story...was trying to figure out what was wrong with that post to offend someone to the level of an indefinite suspension

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

“any public statement and/or communication that criticizes, ridicules, or otherwise disparages another person based upon that person’s race, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, or handicapping condition.”

:crackup:

5. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The moral to this story is don't post on social media...except the beeb.

7. I read the background and he’s an idiot as he’s clearly violated the policy. Wether he or we like it or not that is the policy of the sanctioning body he chooses to compete in and he should expect whatever punishment they decide per their rules. You pay a personal price of the ability to fully voice your opinion when you become a part of certain organizations or a public figure, it’s a price some people choose to pay up front and others choose to pay later. Bottom line is either you pay by keeping your opinion to yourself or pay by penalties but you will pay.

Gino230 and backbone like this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just heard today that Bubba Smollett won't be returning with his team for next year. Can't imagine why they wouldn't hold on to a consistently top-25 finisher.

Circacee, 418 and SGVRider like this.
  9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Because he brings sponsors due to his stunt. Not a long term thing probably as he does not seem able to produce the results that would keep the sponsors. I suspect though he will be like Kappernick, it is easier and more profitable to play victim for profit that produce at that level. So keep in the spotlight but make sure you don't get any offers.

Just a guess as I don't follow NASCAR and to be honest if the org starts with 'N' anymore I figure it will have more focus on things other than the activity so I avoid them.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Interesting how news are read with a bias.

Another one: 'Melandri got shit-canned / Melandri is retiring again"....

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

NAMBLA?....

13. I see Jimmy Johnson is running Indy cars from other thread, lots of other well balanced drivers have been looking at other revenue streams as well. Anyone who can bail out of NASCAR is, they have run themselves into the ground by mismanaging the golden goose they once had. They got too greedy and priced out the fan base they once had. Not to mention what they thought they were doing to try to make racing good to watch has just confused fans and made it boring to watch. Smaller teams can’t compete, even well funded ones. They are trying to fight the giants with, I think it’s about 140 people Gibbs flies to each race.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

NASCAR is like one of those bad TV reality shows with made up conflicts, firings, characters and fake racing.

Next week at the Daytona 5,00,000er Kurt Busch is going to jump a Shark on water skis that his arch rival Burton put in Lake Llyod to distract him from the race! Tune in at 2 PM on NBC!

Who f@ckin' cares anymore?

Shocker and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

16. 103 starts and nine top tens is not exactly setting the world in fire as a driver.

drop likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

OH HELL YES I AVOID THEM 100% for sure!

The maybe avoid list, Nfl, Nhl, Nba, Nasscar; notice the pattern. Versus, MotoGP, WSB, MotoAmerica, IJA (I mean jousting, how can that be filled with pansies that are whining)

18. sheepofblue

Indy was never going to be surpassed once the guy did a donut in the F1 car and finished 1st. So freaky the announcers missed it for a while. Was not even sure I saw it until they started replays.

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

To be fair that 43 car has struggled for years and has switched alliances of bigger teams several times. No one really knows how good bubba is because he was in roush equipment and then petty equipment, this is his shot at top equipment and that should answer the question pretty quickly.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

FTFY