1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Hard Having A SO, and Trying To Race...

Discussion in 'General' started by 0hi0, Feb 25, 2006.

1. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

So my girlfriend goes out and buys this $800 mutt. Not a pure bred but a mutt! And of course that doesn't include the cage, leash, toys and vet visits. Worse off she buys it from a pet store.

Well, I'm trying to take it in stride so I figured this is a good enough time as any to buy a dump can for my upcoming season. Well, she flips out because it costs $233. I even tell her that if I resell it I can get at least $190 out of it if I decide to quit racing. And of course this esculates into the whole I was going to quit racing so we can buy a house argument.

Well, I head to Hooter's to meet some friends thinking I'd at least get to see some boobies. We get served by a chick who is 8 1/2 weeks pregnant! I never knew a butt that big could fit in those orange shorts!

Can it get any worse????

[​IMG]

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

How can she yell at you for $233 re: house-buying when she's spending $800 on a dog? Obviously there is more to every story, but damn, that kind of thing I have 0 patience for.

3. 0hi0

Don't get me wrong she is a great girl. I don't know what she see's in me, easy on the eyes, makes good money but she is just so freakin impulsive. I'd be sitting in the house of my dreams if she didn't have so much debt!

O-yea, the rest of the story. When she moved in with me I asked her to quit smoking. The only thing I have ever asked of her. Well he mother is visting from Illinios and those two are worse then a chimney. Worst yet, they are all talking to the dog like a freakin baby. I'm sitting up in the bedroom drinbking a beer going freakin nuts! So I'm running around with a small attitude...

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Get another girlfriend. A few questions though.

1 Did she use both of ya'lls money or just hers on dog & same for you on dump can.

2 Did ya'll discuss purchase of either.
    Just curious on these .

3 flat out disregarding your request not to smoke or atleast in the house is disrespectful.

Dump her & find one that enjoys racing.

5. 0hi0

1. Her money for the mutt, my money for the potential dump can

2. The mutt was an impulsive buy. It was bought while I was on a business trip. I haven't even bought the can yet. I just mentioned it!

3. They smoke outside but you can still smell it on the clothes, hair etc... Yuk...

She does enjoy racing. She finianced my GNF round.

Just kills me because we almost bought a house together till I figured out how much debt she had. So we both agreed to tighten the belt and sacrifce for a year. We had to come up with some serious money for a debt and I really helped out with the understanding that a could do a couple rounds of endurance. Now I think I'm going for the full year just for spite:D

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

sometimes Hank, i think what little brain you had, you threw out the window. Youre not even married to the girl, and youre letting crap like this get to you? WTF? can she suck a bowling ball thru a garden hose or what? This def. doesnt sound like the Hank i know that went thru half the slut puppies on GSB. Sounds to me like you'd be better off single again.

7. jLUND

jLUND Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate getting the pregnant chicks at Hooters..I mean come on what are they thinking????

8. Shenanigans

Don't know what to tell ya. Except good luck. :beer:

9. 0hi0

Well Todd, it's kind of like this. I know I can't race forever and sooner or later I got to settle down. However, I have till July to make some decisions. If things don't work out, I'll be back in Atlanta.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmm Priorities.

House

Race

easy decision for me.

11. Shenanigans

Race right :D

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

right on.

but I also have a house. :D

13. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

cant race forever? dude, you JUST got started.

14. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

It's not that hard. Lee and I have been married 14 years. He races. I get a 3 day vacation from Lee twice a month. It's a happy marriage.

I'm kidding. sort of.

Now when you get good and earn money racing, you race all you want, buy your dump can and all that good stuff, til then respect ya girl and her dog.:)

See how easy this can be.;) :D

Now on the other hand, if you have to go to Hooters to get ya kicks, you may have other issues I'm not comfortable discussing with you.:D

15. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

as has already been said...it's time to replace that face. if she's being a pain in your a$$ now...just wait til she can take you to the cleaners with a divorce.

run. far. fast.

16. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Well, I've got a friend who's still racing at 67. Then again, his wife was a racer when he married her. She doesn't race any more, but doesn't mind that he does. Exceptions to every rule...

17. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Yippee Ti Yi Yo, get along little doggie
    It's your misfortune and none of my own
    Yippee Ti Yi Yo get along little doggie
    For you know that one day soon you'll be livin' alone

:up:

18. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

From experience...DO NOT SETTLE..

You WILL find the right woman and marry her.. Cut and run ASAP, you will thank yourself in less than 6 months!

19. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Any dog other than a bird dog or blue heel ain't worth the hassle and headache. Bail.

20. Chip

Chip Registered

If a Dog is keeping you from racing then you can't afford to race in the first place.

If a your girl buys a dog and it bothers you that bad then you don't deserve the girl........