1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Friday! What's your guilty music pleasure?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's been awhile since we talked about music (at least 3 days and that's too long). We all know you're a rocker and only listen to Van Halen and never Van Hagar. Slayer regin in blood is glued into the CD player in your car. You know all the lyrics to ever GG Allin song ever written. Yeah, all that shit.

But when no one is around, what CD do you dig out of the bottom of the closet? What song(s) are hidden on you Ipoder that you need a secret code to access?

Come on captain hardass, it's time to tell us what gets you jumping around and singing like a 5 year old. :)

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I listened to most of Depeche Mode Violator 2 days ago. :eek:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  3. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

The theme song from Mister Rogers Neighborhood.
    :D

Got a little Mudhoney working with the espresso this morning - in and out of grace
    :up:

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Harry Nilsson's "The Point"

Ke$ha

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I have a couple from David Guetta, a few from Hadukken, and I even have Pussy Control by Prince.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I listen to The Cure and Joy Division when no one is looking.

I know it is supposed to be slit your wrist music but for some reason it makes me happy.

Oh, and a little Bauhaus for extra measure.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  7. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I'm a huge Commodores/Lionel Ritchie fan when people aren't watching.

pfhenry likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

O man! Will Smith's best hits remix alternating with Flock o Seagulls Live in Amsterdam and Tom Waits sings the Christmas Blues.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's weird, all the top 40 crap from the last few years is almost all new to me so a lot of that crap I've never heard until now that my kid talks about it.

Sooooooooo, I find myself doing the *DJ Lance dance to

Katy Perry - Firework
    Lady GaGa - Telephone
    Go Gos - although there is nothing wrong with them, they RAWK.
    Tiffany - I think we're alone now (this has been my guilty song for decades).
    That paper planes song.

* notice how DJ Lance Rock and Papa look EXACTLY alike? :D

10. eggfooyoung

Way to let your colors burn, Dave

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I'm going to be listening to the sweet sound of me snoring in a few mins. It's bed time & i have to work tonight.:beer:

12. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I woke up with "Humpty Dance" in my head and it's the rare exception I don't hate the song that's stuck in my head. Yo fat girl are you ticklish!?

Guilty Pleasure: Earth, Wind, and Fire. I've never been able to get enough. :eek:

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Benny Goodman, Nelson Riddle, Glenn Miller...stuff my parent listened to.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The moment you have a daughter all the hardass goes right out the window. :)

I'd rather listen to Katy Perry with my kid than remember seeing Sick of It All live at CBs or following GG's destruction in NY the night of his last show. :D

15. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Two Door Cinema Club this morning.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I listen to "Easy Like Sunday Morning" every Sunday morning while walking my dogs. It gets worse: I sing it to them too :D

17. eggfooyoung

Yeah, I got a pretty good clue now about those daughters.

The moon is up
    it's getting late
    lets get ready
    To celebrate

It's pajama time!

jamma, jamma, jamma, jamma, PJ!

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've been listening to Pandora a lot on the Gaslight Anthem station. They play a lot of Social D and Mumford and Sons, along with a lot of modern-ish Irish music.

19. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

paris hilton - stars are blind

20. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Ive been listening to the 80's alternative station on slacer radio , so far , they have played alot of my guilty pleasures - Oingo Boingo , The Art of Noise , The Go Go's , The Cure and the like - good stuff for a friday am :beer: