1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been a long, long time

Discussion in 'General' started by Eck, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Hey folks, I haven't raced since 2005 and haven't ridden a bike since 2008. Parenthood, career, life, etc...

Anyways, I'm recently divorced and looking to get back into riding & trackdays. I have my eye on a 600 that I can flip between street and trackday trim and I'm hoping the collective can help me out with a few newbie questions.

Back in the day, hauling a bike in the back of a truck was pretty easy with a Baxely sport chock (and maybe some canyon dancers). Is that still the defacto setup or is there some new thing that all the cool kids are using? Kind of related, are Pit Bull stands still the rage or is there another "good enough" type brand that isn't quite as expensive.

I see the RacersDiscount.com forum and it seems like they have good prices. Any other sites to check out and compare prices? I'm in need of a new Arai helmet and I'll probably stick with my old preference of Alpinestars for a 2-piece suit. I still have my old boots and gloves but I'm probably going to replace them, too.

Thanks everyone for any recommendations and help! Hopefully will be back on a track in the spring!

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Pitbull TRS (trailer restraint system) for transporting the bike. Their stands are still the king.

Eck likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

All the cool kids are hauling 40' toyhaulers behind their hybrid European SUV's.

Otherwise, welcome back to the game. :beer: