1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's about to go down. Get your Korean BBQ and get out.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Aug 3, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Anyone capable of leading the country post Rocket Man has probably already been wiped out. Tend to be the problem with dictators. Competition is not welcome.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So more proof the employee was a moron.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Trump and Kim have agreed to meet in the next few weeks.

5. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

The Rocket Man better not be thinking he is dealing with Obama. Not gonna get a Iran deal.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So........ what's the consensus?

Is this shit a for real end to 65+ years of undeclared hostilities, with unicorn farts and rainbows for everyone?

Or is it just bullshiitte?

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It's not over until Ambassador Rodman makes it official.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not holding my breathe.

9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I believe that this is headed toward an official end of the Korean war based on the Korean meeting and this summit. What comes next is anyone's guess still so far as I can tell though.

Floyd and Britt like this.
  10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My guess is Little Kim wants to become a China like state. Lots of moola but strict controls on the reigns of government. He'd probably be satisfied with a Vietnam like state. The big question is the fate of the ROK. Can he stand keeping his hands off it?

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The silence from China is deafening.

Waiting for the other billion shoes to fall before commenting...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's funny everyone keeps thinking of modern China like old school Vietnam era China. It's not remotely the same. They're all about the money right now and that money comes from the US. They'll nuke Korea themselves to keep making iPhone profits.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Say that to Taiwan....

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What does Taiwan have to do with anything?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Gotta have SOMETHING to bish about.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

China will play ball. They really don’t have a choice if they want to keep their economic engine running. It’s slowly becoming modernised and leans more Western every day.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Ask them about any difference between old and new China about the control of their 'Sphere of Influence'.

The notion of having a buffer (of sorts) ally between itself the western world is probably a bit of relic of another time, but they seem to prefer it that way for now.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It probably isn't as big a factor as it once may have been, but I've always like having the Atlantic and Pacific between us and those that seriously want to do us harm. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's very much a relic of older times and Taiwan is entirely different. China has never claimed ownership of Korea. They truly think Taiwan is a Chinese island. Totally different things.

20. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

I remember the old days. How about those cheap tin wind up toy cars that had sharp edges and on the bottom they said "Made In Hong Kong". I heard that they supply Walmart now. Times sure have changed.