1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's about to go down. Get your Korean BBQ and get out.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Aug 3, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Chopstick Dick isn't "threatening" the other red countries...

2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Think of how awesome patriot act 2.0 will be when NK hits the US

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I know that it sometimes becomes somewhat irritating to have to deal with but you need to think about it for a minute. We are there to protect South Korea, Japan, Okinawa, and other island nations that we trade with from being taken over by N.K., Russia, and China. NK does not want us to be there for that reason. They trade with China and Russia so they do not harbor bad feelings toward them. We could abandon all those countries, come back home and try to forget them. What's next? Which of the three (China, Russia, NK) would then eventually start eying the Hawaiian chain? It's kill or be killed over there since forever.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

5. grasshopper

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just remember the deal that Clinton/Gore made to prevent this........or enable it.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The rocket man...pardon me..."little" rocket man couldn't stand to be out of the lime light. Here we go again. I'm afraid he will have to something so stupid, like drop a missile on Japan or SK before real preventative action is taken. Perhaps an air burst nuke, who knows? This will end not well. I'm predicting sanctions will only delay the inevitable.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Motofun is probably right. Eventually something is going to have to be done with NK. The little turd running the place is going to start feeling that he's invincible then do something stupid, or simply have one of his missiles go off course and actually hit Japan, or a ship, then all hell will break loose. We've got to face the fact that the little turd cannot be allowed to have deliverable nukes and solve the issue before it gets out of control completely.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A preventative strike is out of the question, but once he hits Hawaii with a missile, or something similar, it will be permissible to exterminate him.

10. Motofun352

It seems this missile test went high enough that if it was sent sent on a different trajectory it could have hit the east coast of the US. Now all that's left is to mount a nuke to it....If we wait 5 more years they will have enough of a stockpile of ICBMs that the outcome could be in question. The only winner in this case would be Putin.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Short Round will be lucky to survive 2018, and there's no way he'll live out the rest of the decade. As soon as the resources are lined up to deal with the massive refugee/healthcare/welfare crisis that the NK populace will create, there will be an assassination and/or coup.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You think China would have an issue with just shooting any that cross?

13. grasshopper

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’ve seen two different stories in the past few days about Russia and China violating the sanctions by selling oil/fuel to NK. How long until we start WWIII by doing something about that shit?

15. In Your Corner

I'm not worried.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The peninsula is going to be quiet until the olympics start, apparently. I fear it's been TOO quite the past coupla months and Rocketboy is gonna hafta make some racket....

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It appears that if Kim wants to start something big then all he has to do is attack SK during those games. At that point just about everyone on the planet will be ready to kick the living hell out of him. :eek:

18. In Your Corner

Kim isn't going to start something.
    For decades the Korean Strategy has been to threaten the US and then watch the money and concessions roll in.
    That won't work with Trump. He has effectively called Kim's bluff.
    All Kim has is threats, because he knows that if he starts a war, he will lose and lose quickly, and probably be killed in the process.
    That's not how he sees his future.
    Trump would probably have no problem with Kim firing missiles into the ocean every month.
    It's an empty threat and Kim is wasting resources.

19. Motofun352

Past transgressions by bad actors have usually been met with an "appropriate" response. A couple of Tomahawk missiles or a F111 strike, etc. In the NoK case I fear that would only ramp up the tit for tat process. I hope we have have an overwhelming non-nuclear response that is ready to lay waste to NoK. One serious misstep by Lil Kim and it's all over. Would it eliminate the chance of a response? Probably not. At least the missile sites and a lot of the artillery and leadership would be wiped out.

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck