1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's about to go down. Get your Korean BBQ and get out.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

U.S. to ban travel to North Korea from September 1, says Americans should leave

The missile within 70 miles of an Air France flight, splashing down IN an international flight path, close to Japan is probably a deal breaker for a handful of countries.

I don't know if it was luck or skill that they didn't hit a flight that had been in the area 5-10 minutes prior, but they don't strike me as too smart. If they'd hit a flight, or come closer, I don't think there'd even be a public warning like the travel ban.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some intervening by NK neighbors if this escalates. China and Russia aren't going to be too excited about the US on their eastern door step.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If something were to happen the Chinese would send troops into NK as fast as they can to grab up as much of the country as possible. They don't want a South Korea on their border.

pjzocc and In Your Corner like this.
  4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They don't want it to collapse either. The North Korean people are useless to China and they don't want to deal with 20 million of them. The most likely and probably best endgame to North Korea is the Chinese conquer it and install a puppet regime which will gradually bring it into the modern world. We'll make noises internationally but probably give the Chinese tacit and material support.

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I don't see China being too helpful on NK. Right before NK started popping off like crazy this year all the talk in that region of the world was about China annexing large portions of the South China sea and building islands in the middle of the ocean as an extension of the mainland borders. Not only is it a border buffer, its also a diversionary tactic. All speculative as well, but NK seems to be making very fast strides on their technology (outpacing all military predictions I had heard just last year) and I can't imagine all of this happening without Chinese help.

auminer likes this.
  6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am getting confused. Who are our allies now? Eastasia, Eurasia, or Oceania?
    The more I see, the more I realize Orwell was a genius with a complete understanding of human nature...

bj likes this.
  7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

According to the gurus of intelligentsia, Iran is the one that gives NK the most help. As I stated a couple of years ago, we're going to sit on our hands until NK is too strong and dangerous to deal with. It's like Washington is walking by the cemetery while looking away and whistling. :(

cav115 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NK will never ever bee too strong and dangerous to deal with...

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Why do you think that? What if NK got lucky and lobbed one to Japan, what then? The US could be fighting on three frontlines.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they use a nuke they'll be obliterated.

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

So NKs weakness is due to our strength in nukes. That indicates we would have to use em. I don't think Obama would of sent one. Trump, maybe if Mattis told him. I think an air war would be used against NK as numbnuts is not that stupid to sent a nuke to Japan.

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I got to thinking but then got a headache, anyway...NK is ranked 23 out of 133 countries for military strength. (If you believe the internet). Their biggest weakness is natural resources, basically they have no oil nor reserves. Some one, either China or Russia would have to provide it to sustain the military. The people would have to endure a cold, starving winter as I doubt either Putin or China would want to support NK for any time period.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that IF NK lobbed a nuke at Japan that we would be the only ones knocking over all those mud and paper buildings.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got other bombs that'll work just fine too. Either way NK has nothing for our air power.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"Trump opens glass factory in South Korea, slated to use raw materials from the former North Korea."

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

About 1,000 planes to our 5,000. I thought Japan didn't have a military but they are rated 7th and SK is 12th out of 133. Fuckstick is dumber than I thought.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

We'd crush NK, but the civilian and military casualties in SK (including US personnel) would be massive and immediate.
    NK has an enormous standing army and heavy weapons right on the border.
    Let's not get too cocky. This wouldn't be a replay of Operation Desert Storm.

18. tks

tks Member

hopefully trump is out by the time world order breaks down and NK has full nuke capabilities

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Doubtful, since they're saying 12 months or less.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

12 months or less til which, though? :D