1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It was only a matter of time...I crashed

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris13, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

…Crashed my Trek road bike. I was zipping around a tight asphalt corner on a bicycle trail here in Ohio; speeding around 17mph-ish when I hit a 4" diameter branch lying in the path. I think I got some air time.

Now I have a huge knot on my hip now being cooled with a bag of frozen chicken tenders and some lovely rash on my forearm.

I have been hanging around RENCRN8 too much.

Bad part is I roughed up my snazzy new SRAM shifters. :mad:

Attached Files:

2. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

Need to wheelie over that ish.

Sorry about the shifters, they sound expensive. :D

3. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Now that it has some scars, you won't worry so much about it.. now it's just a tool to go ride instead of a two-wheeled showpiece.

4. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Just throw some new tape on there and you'll be good to go.

5. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

Welcome to the elbow scars group :D

Sorry about the fall Chris.

6. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

WOW, you fell so hard all of the lettering on your riding shirt flipped backwards! Hope you had a helmet on!

7. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Ouch!

You might want to check that carbon fork, sometimes they can be damaged and its not easily visible.

www.bustedcarbon.com

8. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

:crackup: just noticed the shirt

9. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

So you mean you are getting faster???????:p

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Talk to me.

11. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

beJeZzus.....Thats a nice bike Trek??? Im still riding the entry level road bike 19.8lbs.
    I was out 2 saturdays ago and took my eyes off the road for a second while looking at a spandex clad hottie running on the path. The road was bending right and I over compensated and clean off the road. Couldn't unclip (new wide spd's). Was able to keep it up, just embarrased.

I think its bound to happen man. Every weekend here in DC I see people laid up while im out riding.

12. gpnPIKE

gpnPIKE Member

I was coming up to an intersection one time. It was about 9 in the morning on a Saturday, plenty of cars around.. I was doing a brick (tri training) and had just got done running a 10k. I guess I was just really tired and not paying attention. I come to a stop at a light and realize both of my feet are still clipped in. I tried to get my right foot unclipped but was not successful and fell over, right at the light in the fairly busy intersection. I could see people laughing me. I got up, put my head down hoping no one would recognize me (college town) and hauled ass out of there. haha

I still feel like an idiot when I think about it. :down:

13. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

And remember to re-teched!! :D

14. sv650ky89

sv650ky89 Special K

15. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:stupid: Is that the same as the knee scars group?

16. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I sure hope so. Frenchieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

17. BoyRacer549

BoyRacer549 I was a Spider Monkey!

Cool site, I have a set of the Mavic R-SYS wheels on my ride. I heard stories about them failing. LUCKY mine didn't fail before I sent it in. The spokes look reinforced now. With actual carbon weave laid on top. So well see, I think that there has got to be more behind the wheels busting, such as handling of the wheel, packing , care etc... Still makes me scared to pack it in the bike case now for fear of opening it up and finding busted wheels...:Puke:

Attached Files:

18. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Holy Crap :eek:

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

When do we get our membership cards?

20. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Rashing the bike sucks. When I crashed and broke my hip, the best thing about that was there isn't a scratch on the bike from that tumble :up:

On the whole, I'd rather have totalled the bike than my hip, tho' :mad:

Cheers
    Barry