1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It started as a joke but unfortunately it is true.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rat, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Stay in Washington and at least put up the pretense that this war was his idea and not that of Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld and the rest of the ultra-right wackos. That's all. I just think that it sends a bad message when the boss asks everyone to work overtime and then heads to the cabin for a little R&R. I would think the same of any President - Democrat or Republican.

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

idiot.

3. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

Why do I have serious doubts about this statement? Tell me, what are your thoughts about Clinton's bombing of Iraq during the Lewinsky debacle - arguably to detract from public scrutiny of his escapades? Bombing without any UN resolution, by the way. What are your thoughts about Clinton involving us in Bosnia? Somalia? Haiti? Did his actions spur you to rush out with a "War is not the answer" placard? I have serious doubts.

4. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I was against each of the incidents you noted. My views are those of a pacifist regardless of political affiliation. This might be difficult for you to understand or believe but it is true.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Apparently you didn't see the photo of his last security briefing at Camp David's conference room. It had Bush sitting surrounded by all of the main administration players(Rice, Cheney, CJCofStaff, Rumsfeld, and about 10 others). If you think that the President is getting any rest and relaxation then you really should try getting a job with some responsibility then imagine that being a job running the most powerful country in the world. It kind of reminds me of the Commanding Officers on the missile sub I served on. I don't think they ever got more than two hours of sleep at any given time and probably never more than 6 hours in a 24 hour day. When you have that kind of responsibility it doesn't matter where you are, there is never any true relaxation.

6. pseudocode

Quite difficult.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Posted by madbrad:

what's great is: i don't have to point out idiocy in this forum. hagasodom and rsdud convince everyone themselves.

Do me a favor, dick. If you're going to talk shit to/about me do it on one thread. Insted of planting insluts here and there in hopes of me not responding to your bullshit.

8. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

That doesn't make it untrue. I respect your right to your views and I only ask the same back.

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

sure thing tuff guy. name and comp. #?

10. pseudocode

That's cool. Agreed. And, for the record, I supported all the aforementioned actions Slick Willy undertook. Infact, one of the smartest things he ever did was take military action without consulting the clowns at the Useless Nations.

11. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

12. Grow up, Junior. And grow a brain while you're at it. You sorely need it.