1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It started as a joke but unfortunately it is true.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rat, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Don't take it so hard, young 'un. :D

2. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

So if I implied you were a dumb, wife-beating coward you wouldn't think I had a personal axe to grind with you? :rolleyes:

3. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I definitely believe that GWB is dumb and I think his actions support that belief. I've never stated that Dumbya' was a wife-beater and if you followed the threads lately you would know that.

How could I have personal axe to grind with someone I don't even know? My disagreement with Dumbya' is a philosophical difference that I have with the leader of my country and I believe I am entitled to that.

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

He shoots, he scores, a three-pointer for Haga <cheerleder smiley>

5. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Haga scores AGAIN

(pretty good for a youngster) :D

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

RSDad:

WGAS where GeorgeII takes his weekend? I don't and I think the guy is a jerk and that the war is a very very bad idea.

There are plent of substantive criticizms to be made about Bush and the war . . . please make them and not the meaningless ones.

Rodger

Truly hoping that the war is over fast and that our troops make the MFers surrender enmass asap!!

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

haga scores? you fucking kidding right? he's not even a citizen, his opinion means nothing on US matters. this is the part where i say: don't like it? get the fuck back to poland asshole. let's how much freedom to spew your prattle you'll have there.

:rolleyes: fucking asshole non-americans talking shit.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Did I ever tell you Brad how cute your ass looks on that big R1 of yours?

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Your opinion on this subject holds no merit on two fronts... you're not a US citizen and you apparently aren't a veteran either. Thanks to veterans we allow people to speak freely though.

Kids have to be soldiers. It is a young man's job.

Joss and I, among many others, have been there. I'm not a combat veteran but life on a ballistic missile submarine isn't anymore dangerous in war time than in peace(I am a Gulf War vet).

I am and at 19 years old I was operating a submarine nuclear plant and at 22 was supervising sailors doing the same thing pushing 16 nuclear missiles around the oceans and at 25 was a senior instructor teaching more 19 year olds to operate sub and surface plants. Military life is one of the most stressful jobs out there and it takes well trained young men/women to be able to sustain effectiveness in the evironments dealt to them. Older people will burn out in those situations. That is why most are retired before turning 45.

Sugesting that the troops don't know WTF is going on is ludicrous and ignorant. Most people that join the armed services know exactly what is going on and completely understand what they are getting involved in. The ones that don't usually don't survive their training and are discharge anyway. Typically troops that are in the infantry are in the infantry because they requested that type of job. People driving tanks are usually driving tanks because they wanted to drive tanks. Paratroopers are jumping out of planes because they want to jump out of planes. The most dangerous and difficult jobs in the military are staffed by soldiers/sailors that requested them.

BTW, RSDad, Bush was already reported to be at Camp David with the other leaders when you made the first joke about it. ;)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  10. Dear RSDad:

I noted your use of this extremely rude and disrespectful nickname. It surprises me that you would be so petulant and immature, but I've been surprised before and probably will be again. I would say that by applying a pejorative label to someone you disagree with or don't particularly like you are legitimizing and sanctioning the use of these types of denigrating labels across the board (and the BBS).

Brad calls you "RSdud." By your use of "Dumbya'" for George Bush, you are validating what he's doing and giving him permission to continue his use of a disrespectful nickname for you.

If that's what you want to do, I've got one of my own picked out for you. :D Shall I start using it?

11. Shyster d'Oil

"Dumya" is just as fair a shot as "SLick Willie".

George II is a tough guy, he can take it.

But I would like to see the trend towards more civility here continue, so maybe RSDad you could just let the far right and far left children use the pet names?

Rodger

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Posted by BW:
    haga scores? you fucking kidding right? he's not even a citizen, his opinion means nothing on US matters. this is the part where i say: don't like it? get the fuck back to poland asshole. let's how much freedom to spew your prattle you'll have there.

Thee-hee...got Brad all wound up...

Poland is a free country Brad. Has been since 1989. I'm not here because of political reasons either. If it wasn't for my parents I propobly still would have been living there. And not regreting it either.

As for my opinion. Considering Iraq is a little bit closer to Poland than US to Iraq...I'd say that this war issue is as much of a concern to me as is to you.

And I hate to piss on your parade...but I will eligible to recive my US citizenship pretty soon. ;)

13. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I have no control over what you say about me but I would point out that I haven't called you or Brad or any one else on the BBS names nor do I plan to. Besides, there are more substantive issues to discuss. If you would like to discuss them good. But, I have no interest in debate that is about me calling you names and you calling me names. If that is your idea of substantive debate, just count me out.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2003
  14. Shyster d'Oil

Hagasan has just as much right to have and express his opinion as anyone else.

The only ones saying he doesn't are those that disagree with him.

Go figure.:rolleyes:

I don't always agree with him either but he accassionally makes good points.;) Maybe that's what is pissing you guys off!!!:D

Rodger

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Posted by RCjohn:

Sugesting that the troops don't know WTF is going on is ludicrous and ignorant. Most people that join the armed services know exactly what is going on and completely understand what they are getting involved in.

The fact is...the people the I have come across personally, so called peers...went into the army for all the wrong reasons. I know one guy that went in to "Take time off from his girlfriend"...:rolleyes: I know another guy that went in because his parents made him...:rolleyes: And another who just wanted to get money for college...:rolleyes: No one I've come across yet has mentioned anything about serving their country.

Now I know there is plenty of competent young people running the show here, but the fact is there are plenty of kids out there that don't want to be in this situation. But the flashy "Army of One" etc. commercials, lured them in, in hopes of a better life or gaining some sort of respect.

These kids are the one's that need guideance but recive non at home. So they go out and try to prove themselves on their own. While the army is more then willing to exploit them. Look at the army comercials. Most promise glory, respect, and unity. I don't see them showing people dying for their country. It's biased to say the least.

Btw...as for my "experiance" on this issue. Right now, I propably remember being 18 a little better than most of you. If there is one thing that has stuck in my mind is the fact that although I thought I knew my shit and what life is about...I really didn't. Therefore, just because I made a certain decision while I was 18...dosen't mean I think it was a good idea five years later. Joining the army would fall under that pretense...

16. Dear RSDad:

Have I called you any names?

Personally, I think it's terribly rude to call someone names who isn't around to defend themselves, so I don't do that. Apparently you think it's ok to do so, as long as calling someone a name furthers your definition of "substantive debate." Thanks for clearing that up.

It's rather pointless to try to rationally discuss the policies of a President with someone who refers to that President as "dumbya'", don't you think? Such a label makes it clear that the discusser's mind is closed, closed, closed.

17. I've never called anyone "Slick Willie." Why would I? It would simply indicate that my mind was too closed to learn anything or understand something new. I try not to be closed-minded, although sometimes it's hard :p

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'm probably more in touch with a military 18 year old than you are since I taught approximately 1500 of them in a four year period. Not all 18 year olds can be taught to be responsible members of the military and many can't make it through. Anyone you've talked to that didn't earn or learn respect while in the military had no business volunteering for it and if they are gullible enough to buy into the commercials that hard then they deserved what they got. They probably think the the hamburger patties used in Big Macs hang over the bun like the ones in the commercials.

There are no doubt alot of people in the military that don't belong but it is a minority. It would be quite stupid to join the military in this day and age if you aren't willing to lay it on the line for your country. Most Marines and Army troops certainly aren't doing it for the money. If they are then they should seek medical treatment since a huge number of them qualify for federal food stamps, etc. ;) I did it for the money and the education and came out pretty good but I was a Navy nuclear submariner... overall the best paid group in the military.

The military teaches respect, discipline and unity and anyone that says differently has never been there or they were too far gone when they joined. There are always duds that get through and give everyone a bad name though.

Haga, it sounds like you are one that shouldn't be in the military and I can respect that. :)

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Posted by RCjohn:

Haga, it sounds like you are one that shouldn't be in the military and I can respect that. :)

Would I go if my country called me to duty, yes.

Am I willing to volunteer to go into service.

Hell no !!!

:D

I've got too much to live for.

;)

Point taken though. I guess you can stereotype in either direction. But as I stated...I'm just preaching from my own experience.
    I just hope there is more of the competent type's in there, than the moronic type's. :(

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  20. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member