1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO old twin shock Yamaha dirt bikes around Atlanta

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by yamageezer, Jan 17, 2019.

1. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Looking to get into some cheap vintage mx stuff with my son. Anyone around the southeast have any junker or mild junker twin shock yamaha dirt or trail bikes laying around? Project bikes good, minty restored street bikes bad. DT125, DT175, DT250, AT2, AT3, you get the idea.

2. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

Have you considered vintage trials? I have purchased a couple of twin shock trials bikes and had a bunch of fun when able to go. STRA runs events in the spring and fall close to us in the Atlanta area. A friend has a TY80 for sale he asked me about yesterday. Not sure of pricing or condition, but I can enquire if your interested.

3. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

Sorry geezer, im not able to help you. My brother that i gave the DT to, claims he's gona rebuild her. We could try waiting him out. Come spring he's usually lookin to make room in his garage.

yamageezer likes this.
  4. wonderinwhy

Im still diggen a path to the fz750. I dont move so fast these days.o_O

yamageezer likes this.
  5. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I have done vintage trials, on a honda reflex of all things, was a lot of fun. Ideally I'd like one of each (trials, flat track, dirt, roadrace) but beggars can't be choosers. I've had two TY250s but I'd love to have a TY175 at some point.

6. wonderinwhy

Ha, ha geezer, why dont you just call it the way it is and tell us you want one of everything. Hope i can help ya find what your lookin for. I just got a tip from my cousin. Told him i was lookin for an rz350. He said, place he stores his car has a building full of old mcys. Said he saw one that said "torque induction". I've already said too much. Im chompin at the bit to get there in next few weeks. He mentioned bultoco's too.:):):)

7. wonderinwhy

Maybe you can give me some guidence on how to take a pic from my phone, and post it hear.

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

The mysterious and elusive VintageRacerRoy?:beer:

Hope you are well sir.

yamageezer likes this.
  9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

......see what I mean?:)