1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle of Man suggestion

Discussion in 'General' started by stymie12000, May 24, 2018.

1. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

I'l be in England in early October and will be planning on visiting Isle of Man for a day or two.

I need suggestions on where to stay and what to see in my short time there. I figured the all knowing beeb will know!

2. Just seeing the island? Will you already have a car?

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

In October? With a parka on under an umbrella.

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

The place will be empty. Most hotels will have shut down for the season. hell, they don't even answer the phone by the end of September. Worth a quick look and drive around if you've never been and want to scope it out for a later return visit, but really don't expect much. It will be very, very quiet.

Cheers,

Dave

5. What Dave said, if you have a rental take an early fairy over and one back at night. You will see more than enough. Drive the TT course route, couple cool pubs but sure it’s mostly locals and few tourists at that time. Weather will probably be crap too.

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I say lapping the TT course and stopping at famous pubs (if open) along the way. Make sure to see the Joey Dunlop memorial at the top of the mountain. Maybe the calf of Man for some scenery or castle Rushen at Castletown or Peel Castle. Any place you go in will have some sort of TT souvenirs.

As others have said, sleepy (and cold) at that time of year. Not sure what will be open or closed, but still a beautiful place.