1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this all the vintage people that have computers

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by penton, Apr 2, 2001.

1. penton

penton Well-Known Member

how come you guys and a few girls aren't chatting it up like the general bbs?im sure lots of you have veiws on different thing. ect.susspension,different modesto the bike.whats up??hows things going?

2. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

yup, its all of us [​IMG]

Actually most of the vintage riders may have fuller schedules, just a thought.

3. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I'll attest to Tony being Vintage... [​IMG]

4. schwantzmobile

schwantzmobile Byron Tucker #80 expert?

The type may be too small for most of them to see. [​IMG]

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

All of the above as well as for the plain fact that we have jobs in which we are expected to actually do work (unlike the modern BBS's thiam, Tracee and wera122). [​IMG]
    When not at work we can be found in the garage modifying our dinosaurs.

I don't think we can ever match the hot topics like "hamburger or cheeseburger", but I think we can stir up some participation.

I'll give you a topic...

...magneto or total loss? Which 'lectric source do you prefer?

Let's hear some opinions on the topic of ignitions. Do you feel it's better to run the ignition off of the crank or cam?

6. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

One reason theres not as many topics or replies,i for oneI spend a bazillion hours in the garage,and most the riders are doing the same.It does make me happy to see that light bulb lit up when i hit the website.:d

7. penton

penton Well-Known Member

this is great,i understand the garage thing.and i work on vintage things 8hrs6days a week and love it.i see it all.but i still have time to discuse motorcycle thing.tottal loss sucks!! the fz600 last year was tottal loss.magnito all the way nothing like a self contained power source.as for the other one the crank cause its stationary with old slapping cam chains i belive there would have to be some sort of slop in the in the cam that would effect the lobe that lifts the points or send the signal. and thats all i gotta say bout that!!!!!

8. RICKY LOVE

RICKY LOVE Well-Known Member

OK, besides track time(I'm getting as much as possible) what can I do to make my VF500 as competitive as possible? Has basics(jetkit,pipe,ign. advanced etc.) What about brakes?(has H&H EBC's) Where can I find race compound tires for the skinny H.cane wheels. I can't come up with much else not already done to it that would make enough difference to justfy the cash. Looking at the results from R. Road the RZ350's and VF750's are going tomake it tough on me at TGPR. Anyone else run one of these in V5 or is there a reason I seem to be the only one.

9. penton

penton Well-Known Member

what size are your wheels?you where at nelsons once ? i shouldve helped ya .i rode the flamed fz600 in v5 last year

10. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Suspension, suspension, suspension. You can only negotiate turns as fast as your suspension will let you.

11. RICKY LOVE

Penton, the wheels are 17" Hurricane's. The guy at Nelson was likely the guy I bought the bike from. He is from Cinci, Ohio area.

12. RICKY LOVE

Diesel, I plan to get some Race Tech goodies(springs and emulators) but I'm buying a new house and getting married so I'm making sure I don't dip into that cash for the parts. That would be a bad way to convince a new wife that this racing thing is a good hobby. I want have the parts for TGPR this month but should have everything in by the time Road A. rolls around in July. [​IMG] I would still like a Fox shock for a 600 Hurricane if anyone knows of one laying around.

[This message has been edited by RICKY LOVE (edited 04-04-2001).]

13. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I hear you and know where you're coming from. Racing on a tight budget may add to the difficulty and hardship of being competitive but victory becomes so much sweeter.

Good luck with the nuptuals and the closing... see you at TGPR!

14. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Oh joy, I get to spend the next couple of seasons with Total Loss. Anybody wanna help me push?

15. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

You racing that over powered cheater bike again this year?
    [​IMG]

16. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

17. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

i ran my old gsxr 1100 on 18 in wheels for 2 years on avon am 22 and am 23 race tires. they worked great for me. buy the c61 front. it's out there if you look for them. the sprint compound rear works great and they're not awful in the rain either. pretty cheap and last better than the slicks i got on it now.

18. penton

penton Well-Known Member

that was words from a god obviously.if you spend money update the suspension

19. penton

penton Well-Known Member

yea what size though 3.0-3.5 front or 4.5-5.5?hurricane wheels?17 front and back?you sound like your on the right track to race teck stuff ,got me national # 2 in v5 and i run a fox too.but sent it to traxxsion to get revalved what a difference.the susspension and my dunlop slick where the reason for the the great year and i learned alot from everyone.

20. penton

penton Well-Known Member

no fzr dude is he bought it .perfectly legal for vintage.under powered for vintage.have to use extreme cornering speed and lean angal.gonna miss it.what a rocket off the line .got a 89gsxr400 maybe race soom select v6 races like gingerman? hey good luck lizard!!!!!