1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a $1,000 dog?

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 7, 2016.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]
    She is this month - between a bad skin infection and removal of a broken tooth, this 14 year old lump of canine has cost a cool grand. What can I say, she's worth it.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Big Sweetie!!!

4. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Probably more.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You've got a long ways to go to catch up to me on $$ spent on our pooches.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Duh!

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap.

8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Dude it's worth it!!! My wife and I caught each other lastnight looking back to see if Max was laying beside the door while we were on the patio having a cocktail. A week today since he passed and it's quite lonely in the house when I play guitar and my wife isn't here!!!!

9. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Let's see - 14 years multiplied by 12 months a year...
    Seriously, I usually don't even try to tally it up, but the last 3 weeks have been a tad expensive. We originally got her as a puppy for the kids, but she ended up imprinting on me and is the best dog I have had in 50 years. I cancelled my racing plans earlier this year because things are tight and didn't feel I should spend money on myself, but I will do what I can for this dog.

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And you wouldn't sell her for 10,000.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

In NYC that's like the cost of a checkup, so as everything...it's relative

If it prolongs and improves the quality of life, then whatever it takes without hurting your own quality of life too much.

Beautiful friend you have there.

12. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Is that dog worth 1K?

[​IMG]

Gorilla George, dsmitty37 and Jed like this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I still step around my dog who layed on the rug at the foot of the bed. She died in March. A dog's worth cannot be expressed in dollars. Daily round trips to Auburn for radiation therapy. Working from a laptop in the lobby there for 4-6 hours each day waiting for her to come out of therapy, the dive home so she wouldn't have to spend the night there. The down days after the therapy finished where she wouldn't eat and could barely function. Letting her rest her head on my hand while I gently prised open her mouth by supporting her upper teeth on two fingers and letter her lower jaw droop open so she could sleep and breath. 5 more months is what she gave us in return. I couldn't tell you the cost and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

gixxercurt, HPPT, RNYC and 2 others like this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I just paid for a clogged saliva gland surgery.If I had my dogs up keep budget applied to racing,I would be a happy man,but soul less for having lost my best friend.
    Dogs are great,and I enjoy the company,and they never once shit me on a motor...:crackup:

15. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I would sell everything I own and sleep in a tent if it meant making sure my Maisy Moo was taken care of.
    [​IMG]
    She turned 3 Wednesday
    [​IMG]

BigBird, GSmann and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Awesome Newfoundland. They are such great dogs with so much personality.

:(

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looks like Nessie in that Pic!!!! Great looking Dog!

18. dsmitty37

No frowns.....she is her own person....jumps up on the couch and watches tv with me like a person, always wants to ride shotgun anytime she can. When i get home in the morning and get ready for bed she jumps up on the bed and wraps her paws around my arm like she is hugging it and lays her head down on the other pillow on the bed. She is too funny.

19. Oh I am sure she is a great dog. They have so much personality, they are like people.

The frown was for my Newfoundland best friend that I lost last year.

20. dsmitty37

Awww man, I am so sorry.

You are right she is her own little person, little being she weighs 101 lbs.

Gorilla George likes this.