1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Motoshippers still around?

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Feb 12, 2019.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I referred someone to them and they have been trying to contact them without success. Are the still around? Anyone with a better way to contact then except whats posted on line?

Thanks!!

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Also, some additional options would be good.

3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Had the same experience trying to get a response on a couple of jobs. Ended up doing the trips myself. Dwayne Coker is supposed to be the go-to guy in the Southeast. I'm going to do some hauling myself now. Travel to tons of races and mtb events already, not racing anymore, may as well put the miles to use. Meeting with ins guy next week to get that part covered. Then new van shopping :crackup:

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Bat signal has been activated.

track wagon likes this.
  5. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

We are still around, please bear with us as we’re trying to get caught up from winter weather delays & still dealing with them. 3 of the drivers are currently in the northwest and Midwest battling road closures and due to weather and accidents. We are trying to get to everyone as fast as possible.

Thank you,
    Jeremy

Newyork, t11ravis and tophyr like this.
  6. weig17

weig17 Well-Known Member

Hi all. TIM here with motoshippers. I dare not even respond to this thread because sadly it is almost impossible to please a lot of internet folks but I'll do my best to try, one time because I'm pretty busy and definitely cant be coming back on here repeatedly to respond.

The little company i started over 5 years ago has grown way beyond my wildest imaginations because our crew does a phenomenal job of getting bikes delivered perfectly and at pretty reasonable rates. Unfortunately, what once was a quiet phone and email account has rapidly become overwhelming for myself to manage and respond to all inquiries. My #1goal is to continue providing a great service to the motorcycle community and never lose the quality our customers expect and deserve. This comes at the expense of me having to pass on some jobs that I know I'm just not going to be able to give the needed attention to. When we are really swamped I find myself dropping a lot of opportunities..
    If you're one of those potential clients that I couldn't help, I am sorry.

I appreciate the love and support this community continues to give us. MOTOSHIPPERS has definitely become a bit of an overnight success and now we need to work on putting in better systems and people to help manage continued growth.

The website www.motoshippers.com does and will always have our best contact info on it.

I hope you all have a blessed year and I look forward to helping as many of you out with your shipping needs as we can manage effectively.

Cheers!
    Tim Weig
    Owner
    Motoshippers llc

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

This thread was not meant to flame you.
    I appreciate your response.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

That is a well reasoned, mature, and respectful response.

Who hacked your account? :D

9. Smartest business men know when to say no. You can go bankrupt just as easy with too much business as you can with not enough. Good on ya for being honest and saying no, as tough as that is at times.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  10. PMooney Jr.

There we go, just plain busy. Good problem to have.

11. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Tim got my 4DP from WA to OH last summer for me, trouble free, good experience:beer:

12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

wanna sell it??? :Poke:

13. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

East of the Rockies;
    Simon Tack 919-273-2450
    Nel's 440-241-2385

Coast to coast and East;
    Greg Axtell 707-845-1232
    Tracey and Chad 610-823-0202

track wagon likes this.
  14. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

I'll put you on the waiting list:D

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I appreciate you guys reaching out to the guy. The guy has been dogged by a Uship shipper.

On 1/29 I got a call from a guy in Houston that had a trailer broken down on 95 with a bad axle. He asked if I'd repair it. I said sure, have it towed over. He said it was under warranty and the MFG were going to ship me an axle. I made it clear that he was on the hook for the labor and that I wasn't getting involved in the warranty claim. Guy promises to call by the end of the day with the shipping info on the axle. Later that day the flatbed shows up with an 8 1/2 x 28' trailer all beat to shit and on 3 wheels.

Next day Axle MFG calls. They are not happy with the guy. They say he wore them out before on some springs that weren't covered under warranty and that they would supply the axle only (no labor) because the trailer was now out of warranty. I sent pics and they were waiting on the owner to agree with everything before they shipped the axle.

Fast forward to last Monday. I get a call from a lady asking about the trailer. She had hired the guy to move a $6000 custom table and the guy had fallen off the face of the earth. I guess Uship had got ahold of the guy and he gave them the location of the trailer. She wants her table. I explain that I'm not letting her in the trailer without the owners consent. Next day she shows up with the Sheriff. The sheriff agrees that I cant let her in so she goes back home and files a report with her local cops.

Later that day I get a call about a hot tub.........same shit..no contact and they want their stuff.
    Then I get the call about the Triumph. The bike was picked up in December in Cali and was supposed to be delivered to NY. This guy figures he'll never see the bike. He asks me if I can get the bike out when they come get the trailer and he'll hire another shipper. I said as long as you notify the guy I'd be happy to.

I get a call from the owner on Thursday. I tell him he needs to take care of his shit. I'm supposed to fix the trailer not deal with all this BS. He gets all shitty and says he's coming to get the trailer. (from Houston) I'm good with that. I let the table lady know that he would be here Friday late afternoon. Dude calls table lady and tells her he'd be here saturday. He calls me back and asks me to leave it outside friday PM because he's running late and wont be here before 5PM, and that he needs to grab it and get back on the road to Houston. I of course said hell no. He says He'll be here Sat at 9AM.

Sat Morning the table lady is waiting for us when we open. A few minutes later a guy shows up about another table. A hand made live edge redwood table that was picked up in december in Cali and that was supposed to be in NY over a month ago.

The douche finally shows up at 12:30 and is greeted by a parking lot full of pissed of people and the Sheriff. He's shitty with Me, The Deputy, the customers........
    He wont release the stuff until they release the funds from Uship. I get Triumph guy on the phone with the cop and cop tells the shipper to unload the bike. Shipper doesn't want to give up the bike. Finally agrees to if he gets paid. Bike guy pays and we unload the bike.

I don't know any of these peeps I was just trying to do the right thing.

I apologize for what looks like calling out Motoshippers........not my intention.

Murcielago311 likes this.
  16. PMooney Jr.

Dude had people strung out all over the country lol, what a mess. U ship.... Not had great experience either but nothing like that, that's crazy! Uship is the reason I reached out to Moto shippers actually, wanted a solid person this time. I'd still use motoshippers, I only commented because I'd had the same experience, no return emails. Not life or death, so never thought about it again.

17. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

To be fair, saying "no" to an opportunity is not the same as being unresponsive and just plain ignoring a customer inquiry.

Laz and BigBird like this.
  18. PMooney Jr.

Unless I'm reading it wrong the original question said they got no response, I had the same thing happen, no response. That's why I responded to his post. I have no issue with it, just confirming that the same thing happened. They're just busy and didn't respond it seems. No big deal to me really, explained above. Anyway, they're still around which was the whole point of this. And staying busy so that's good. :beer: