1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it contagious? Does this place need another divorce thread?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Lazy Destroyer, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Why not initiate a refi to cash out a little bit, tap into that equity you so diligently increased. Then you both have fair access to the remaining equity/value of the property.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you legally separated yet? If not, now is probably the time to make any financial maneuvers before everything gets frozen. You won’t be able to avoid giving her whatever she is entitled to, but you can certainly set things up so the process goes more smoothly and so she can’t take advantage of you.

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

If she is out of the house already and financial maneuvers are made - the courts will look at it unfavorably.

My sister is the breadwinner and her husband is a controlling, manipulative, codependent ass. She finally got the balls to leave him after he told her to stop hanging out with one of her riding buddies. He has effectively cut her off from every single friend she has had over the years - demanded they live in a 800K house, constantly have new vehicles, ATVs, Boats, RV's - she refinances every few years and lives paycheck to paycheck on a 6 figure salary because of his lifestyle demands. And he won't stop spending no matter how much she begs and pleads.

Hooked her up with one of the best divorce lawyers in the state and the woman said because she has already initiated a separation she cannot touch any of the finances or move money - all that will do is draw out the discovery process and make it look like she is trying to be shady. I have been telling her to hide money for years because of his spending habits and she refused. Now she has to deal with a divorce with 5 children involved (3 bonus kids, he is a widower) and tons of assets they are upside down on. This housing bubble is going to burst soon and that house will be worth shit. She is going to loose a ton of money.

Divorce is a cluster fuck.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Fencer likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You should definitely be banned for that. :D
    The lack of substance in that link is beneath you sir. Good heavens man, this thread ain't no "made for t.v." court room fiasco. This shit be real. :Poke::D

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Judge Judy rocks.

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

So on a lighter note, maybe doesn't belong in this thread, but might work my way here one day. You guys know how I don't do relationships. Another one is making me think, there's been about 3, in 12 years. So my ex , the one I swore off every relationship ever 12 years ago, every now and then contacts me. The last girl I dated in 2008, turns out my ex was reading my emails for 6 months, she created the account and never thought to change it. My stupid ass!

So wake up one morning checking my email and "I" had sent 3 emails telling this girl I just started dating what a slut she was and how I was using her to get back at my ex. Which she fucking wrote, so this girl I'm dating is cool and basically tells me I like you but don't do drama which I completely respected.

So, my ex is getting a divorce now and just contacted me, I was honest and told her I met a girl I actually like which is rare, (been talking a lot after the maid) she flipped a lid, been sending me crazy texts and emails, so went on the complete offense, and told her to not pull any shit like she did before, with Svetlana, I really like her, possibly love her!?, she went fucking nuts!!

Svetlana is the key copying Russian girl from the South Pacific who refused to give me my own key to my apartment, I have a feeling my ex is tracking her down as we speak. So hopefully with this beautiful cool normal girl, the only crazy she ever has to deal with is me. Have a feeling it will be an interesting week

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Having a tough time following your novel, but the reveal is in the final chapter, right? Anyway, that's a cool story and a top level example of crazy Ex.
    harlequin.jpg

10. Captain Morgan

Believe me, I wish I could make this shit up! You have no idea how many people have told me I should write a book. It won't be a classic novel.. More of a shit show kind of like the book "I hope they serve beer in hell"!!

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Maybe you should. I'd buy one.

12. Captain Morgan

It will be in the process soon, it's going to be a 1/2 cook book featuring the best authentic recipie from each country I've traveled around the world, and 1/2 stupid crazy stories and real travel. But just a page or 2 dedicated to each country. Believe me every country or week for that matter, I find/ put myself in a funny situation. Not on purpose, rum helps that! I'm taking 3 months off now, going to London to see the cool smart girl for a week, then off to India and Sri Lanka. I'll have some time to sit down and maybe make it happen?? Or sit on a beach in Goa and drink cheap rum drinks!!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Throughout the book, you should sprinkle hints on where people can find money stashes around the world.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Captain Morgan

They only exist in my rooms, I lost 700 dollars in a place I rented in the Bahamas for a month. It was small, I climbed on the kitchen counter after searching everywhere when I had to leave. It was stacked on the back end of the top of the kitchen cabinet. So hears a real one not losing cash or getting it stolen, but a great place to hid it if you are in a shady place. The wooden curtain rolls that hold the blinds/ curtains. Cash fits perfectly sideways around the roll with the curtain, just sayin

15. Topic: Self-destruction

Looking for some advice from my fellow Beebers. As I mentioned previously, my German wife convinced me to move to her home country, and after 18 months she booted me. I don't have any family here other than my daughter, and can't leave unless I want to abandon her.

I've devolved into drinking too much, smoking (cigars) too much - generally damaging my mental and physical health. It doesn't help that my job is mostly home office-based - I spend most of my days sitting at my home desk on emails, web conference calls, and the like, with little actual human interaction. I'm finding that I don't sleep much, my diet is poor, and I am self-medicating with alcohol. When I do go out, it's too easy to head to a bar or some other event where drinking and consorting with questionable people is the primary activity.

Have you been there? If so, what did you do to get yourself out of the rut?

16. ton

ton Arf!

stop doing those things.

start doing other things.

nothing changes if nothing changes.

i have no idea what you like to do, but for me, exercise and outdoors things are the way out of every rut. focus on something else and enjoy the world around you.

speedluvn likes this.
  17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Exercise regimen? Prepare for a sprint triathalon? Learn/improve on an instrument?

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

No zero days. Every day do at least one thing to work you out of the funk and bad habits. Aim for more than one but at all cost try to avoid the 'zero days' where you fall back into the old patterns. It doesn't have to a huge win it just has to be something to help break the pattern and allow yourself to see that you're working your way out of it.

19. I can only equate this to when I quit drinking. Heavy drinker since about 17, daily until 38. When I quit drinking I had to start doing other stuff, and I do a lot of stuff now. I build all kinds of neat stuff from alum to carbon to anything in between, I fish almost daily when not traveling (not during family time though), spend way better quality activity time with the family and kids. Before I’d tend to lean towards staying around the house on the weekends because the one thing I didn’t do was drink n drive with the kids, but they inadvertently suffered as I just wouldn’t drive. Find something to do, Germany can be tough to find stuff to do but maybe find an old bike n rent space of you don’t have it, take up painting via bon Ross YouTube videos or something but find SOMETHING you are passionate about and like to do. Drinking is way too easy to do and if you don’t have a wife n kids with you all the time it’s hard to find a reason not to. By no means am I a sober preacher, I don’t care who drinks or not but based on what you are saying I figured I’d chuck it out there.

terminus est and jrsamples like this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Move back to the US?