1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it contagious? Does this place need another divorce thread?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Lazy Destroyer, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn! I'm sorry to all you guys and any kids getting tugged along. Hang in there.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine got divorced about 5 years ago. Got remarried yesterday.

He got an email from his ex wife last week. She is now getting divorced from her second husband, and was apologizing to him for being a bitch when they split, and complaining about how much of a dick her husband is being (treating her with a custody battle, etc.)

I think she did it to try to keep him from getting married.

It’ll screw him on child support though. Her household income just dropped drastically.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thats messed up. Horndog is on the hook for almost 9 million and slut wife gets to walk away? She should be liable for 1/2 the settlement. You know, equality and shit...

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I literally don't know a single divorced guy that was able to keep his kids. And some guys spent stupid money on lawyers. Our legal system is fucked up, the odds are not in the man's favor. And the mothers were real pieces of shit.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  6. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

I got full custody when I divorced in 90. He was 6 then. She got visitation every 2 weeks. There was some years my son never heard from her. He turned out awesome. Good job at Cobb emc, 2x grandsons, nice house and cars, beautiful wife. It can happen.

Robby-Bobby and Yzasserina like this.
  7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Bump. Well, i cant say i have good news. I've tried patching things up and working on the relationship to be met with shrugging shoulders and "i dunnos" and nothing changing. So 3 weeks ago i asked her to get out of the house when i found out she was lying to me about smoking.

She packed a suitcase up and left and has done nothing else in regards to seperation.

Since then i've asked her repeatedly to let me know what she'd like out of the house and what shed like monetarily....once again, repeated dodges of the question leading me to come to one conclusion....shes coming after the house 100%.

I've been amicable and agreeable. Shes come and stayed at the house three times to get more clothes and to feed the cats, i've not once denied her any accees, changed the locks etc, but this stonewalling leads me to believe that its going to be a contested divorce.

Ive retained a lawyer.

Im just so disgusted....like you guys said, you dont know who youre married to until you divorce her. All the "i would never do that..." have gone right out the window. How can someone who hasnt paid a single mortgage payment in the last 8 years feel shes actually entitled to half the asset is beyond me. If she does get half i loose the house. All my additional payments, and accelerated payment plans to try and pay the house off sooner were actually me putting money into a nice fat bank account for her apparently.

Icing on the cake?? In the last year and a half she refused to stay on the Pill citing increased risk of a stroke, asking me to get snipped. I refused.

Last week i get an email from my insurance provider. I mean, the fucking balls....she used MY benefits to buy birth control pills....So much for the stroke fear huh? Oh and shes gone from a casual, cigarette a month to pack a week while hiding it from me in the last several years....apparently the risk of stroke from smoking is A-OK.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, yesterday was my 14th wedding anniversary and we've been together for 21 years. No chances of a divorce, she'd just kill me.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  10. Where do you live?

Look on the bright side - you are legally the father if she gets pregnant while you are still married (and thus on the hook for child support payments), unless you can manage to conclusively prove that the child is not yours before it is born. So, with the BC, she is reducing your risk of having to pay for another man's child.

11. My 15th wedding anniversary is coming up the end of this month, and we were together for 18 years. Never say never.

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Ontario, Canada.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I see a house in need of a dodgy set of stairs...

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  14. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Hang in there man, it will get better trust me. Oh it will sting for awhile but you take the pain and move on. Every dog has its day. Oh and one more thing, do not take them back. As others can attest, grass ain't always as green on the other side. If you are a good dude it will all work itself out. Lots of fish in the sea, don't ever forget that.

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

This thread should be required reading for every male considering a legal contract with the government that means “I really love you forevers!”

6 years out from mine. Not financially whole, but getting close. Never happier. Life is great. Marriage is an antiquated notion.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

18 and 24 when the papers were finalized.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dude I’m literally writing a book just on my scenario.

Might not be a best seller but when people read what I’ve been through, and in cases put myself through for my son, people head will explode.

Absolutely completely bullshit.

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Man I hate to tell you this but if she’s getting the pill then she’s risking having a stroke but a different “stroke” especially if she’s not at home.

Believe me. It doesn’t make me happy telling you that...

19. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

I never understood the "sorry" response. If it was a good thing that you were in, you wouldn't be getting divorced. I'm 2.5 years post-divorce and happier and healthier than I've ever been. Welcome to a chance to re-write your next chapter!