1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Rotors

Discussion in 'Tech' started by YamRZ350, May 3, 2004.

1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Has anyone used Vesrah RJL pads with ductile iron rotors?

I have found a set of these for a good price, but the manufacturer recomends using their pads with their rotors.

I don't want to go back to doing 30 stoppies in the pits to bed them in.

tom

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

i run rjl's on beringer full floating rotors(cast alloy, not ductile) w/ stock brembo/ducati calipers and mastercyl. very smooth application of pressure and feedback. conversely, you can endo at 140mph if you squeeze just a little harder.:D
    http://beringerbrakes.com/discs.html
    same goes for the rjls's on the gsxr w/ vesrah stainless rotors and, holy crap, i haven't found their limits. they're a little vague at full squeeze for my lack of experience. any pressure on the lever is an immediate response on the front end. kinda 'touchy' in a fuel injected sorta way. skill, technique, and smoothness may all be keys to their full potential.

i did, basically, a sighting lap or two to bed them in. i don't think they even needed that other than to conform to any variations/grooves in the surface of the rotors. since the iron rotors are smooth and groove free, no issues...immediate bed in. i think, maybe a lap on the stainless rotors and i felt they were ready.

prolly the best pads i've been exposed to. the list includes ferodo911*(i vaporized them), ebc hh(inconsistant feel), etc.

you found what? a set of rotors or a set of pads?
    who's the mfg and what're they tryin' to sell ya?:D

3. YamRZ350

http://www.spieglerusa.com/specials.cfm

I have been running RJL's with stock stainless and just this year found and ran Yamaha kit floating stainless rotors.

Like you, I found the Vesrah pads to work great, and very convenient with the lack of bed in needed.

I don't know why yet, but I managed to cone one of the floating kit rotors at Beaver. Even if I could find a replacement from YEC, I'm sure the lead time is long.

Which leads me to the Spiegler replacements. I can get them for a little cheaper than EBC's Pro Lights, and the last I talked to Moose, Vesrah didn't offer rotors for the R1 / R6 yet.

The problem is, Spiegler only recomends using Corbon Lorain (sp.) pads with their rotors.

It's good to see that you haven't had problems with the Vesrah/iron combo.

tom

4. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

I can concure on the Spieglerusa setup....

Had it last year the the GSXR...plan on it this year for the R6

and Carbon L has a good contin program

5. YamRZ350

Anybody else ever try RJL's with iron rotors?

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I don't know the details, but you have to use pads for iron rotors. They are different.