1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iraq launches missiles it doesn't have

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by I'm with Stupid, Mar 20, 2003.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Interesting that Blix has now admitted that there is WMD in Iraq and troops should be careful. War starts and now he's ready to tell the truth. :rolleyes:

BTW, Atomic the administration hasn't said Iraq has nuclear weapons just that they are working toward having them and are(were) about 3 years from production.

2. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

3. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll swim right by the bait this time.

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...most of fight is gone in me too...that's why I stayed away...

I found this suff in yahoo...

6. yz250mike

yz250mike Eric Cartman is my idol

Re: US and Britian Lied about Nuclear Weapons...

i did not bother to click on the links. check out your sources.

- enn.com.com: what is that? the minor leagues for cnn?
    - dailystar.com: is that the same thing as the national enquirer?
    - foreigncorrespondents.com: al jazeera members probably, and you seen how unbiased the've been the past week :eyesrollin

7. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

prove to me that it wasn't a forgery....

ex-iraqi scientist told us... nuclear program is dead...

Forgery

In your state-of-the-union address you spoke of Iraq’s pre-1991 focus on how to “enrich uranium for a bomb” and added, “the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.” No doubt you have now been told that this information was based on bogus correspondence between Iraq and Niger. Answering a question on this last week, Secretary Powell conceded—with neither apology nor apparent embarrassment—that the documents in question, which the US and UK had provided to the UN to show that Iraq is still pursuing nuclear weapons, were forgeries. Powell was short: “If that information is inaccurate, fine.”

But it is anything but fine. This kind of episode inflicts serious damage on US credibility abroad—the more so, as it appears neither you nor your advisers and political supporters are in hot pursuit of those responsible. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Pat Roberts has shown little enthusiasm for finding out what went awry. Committee Vice-Chairman, Jay Rockefeller, suggested that the FBI be enlisted to find the perpetrators of the forgeries, which US officials say contain “laughable and child-like errors,” and to determine why the CIA did not recognize them as forgeries. But Roberts indicated through a committee spokeswoman that he believes it is “inappropriate for the FBI to investigate at this point.” Foreign observers do not have to be paranoid to suspect some kind of cover-up.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003