1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 29, 2021.

1. That chickenshit plane I took from Amsterdam to Las Palmas didn’t have TVs. That shits happened a couple times before, so I decided to get an iPad so I can watch shit when traveling.

I got a 12.9” iPad Pro with 1TB of memory, and then got this Magic Keyboard thing. Not sure what it does, but it said it’s magic so I got it. Don’t really know why.

F3535191-A69A-4777-9E85-8D3CBB294C3A.jpeg

I’ve never messed with one so I have some questions.

1. It’s not a computer, it’s more like a bigass phone, right? So it takes apps and shit like a phone, right? Does that mean I can play the same games I have on my phone, and everything will be bigger? Or does it not work like that?

2. Can I download movies from the internet and watch them, like on a computer? Or can I only do it through apps like Netflix?

3. What about movies I have stored on my hard drive? I haven’t taken it out of the box yet, but I don’t think there is a USB plug on it. So does that mean I can’t watch movies from my hard drive?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1 - essentially yes. Some will work great some may not if they're built for phone only. Apps get odd, like Uber Eats won't go landscape on my ipad which is how I tend to always use mine, never noticed on the phone because it's always upright unless I'm taking video/pics.

2 - yes - although it's been a while since I've done movies on the ipad or the phone so you may have to do it through a computer then up to the device. Not sure if you login to netflix if you can download straight to it or not. May have to lay with that as a backup to the plane before the next flight although I've always got a bunch of books queued up anyway.

3 - you absolutely can upload movies and music to the ipad. It'll have a USB cord in the box.

3. Thanks Mongo. :beer:

I’ll open it and see what it’s about and then probably be back here with more dumbass questions. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds about right :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

1) Yup, for the most part.
    2) You generally need to buy movies from itunes if you're wanting to download them. If you've got wifi than you can watch any app you want.
    3) See #2 - they do their best to make it so you need to buy shit from itunes to get onto the hard drive.

Looks like there's ways to not use itunes but I believe you (like me) are going to deem those methods "too much work" and just pay itunes for them.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/download-movies-ipad-itunes-3613071/

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Because it said magic...duh.

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  7. Hell I had totally forgot about iTunes. Haha. That will probably be the easiest way.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Man...you are the ultimate blind shopper. LOL.

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I’ve had the 12.9 iPad for a while. It’s the best and works just like my phone. I could download straight from Netflix on a strong wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. I don’t even know what that term means. Prolly don’t wanna know. :D

11. Eh, why wait that long. :crackup:

You said something won’t go landscape. I know that has something to do with the way shits turned. Is that sideways?

So when you turn your iPad sideways, the app doesn’t turn and fill the screen?

Or is it the other way around?

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Compulsion overriding information.

13. Ok, this question may not be as dumbassish...

Ive backed up shit to my laptop so I can put it right on the new phone.

If I plug the iPad into my laptop, can I download all the shit that was backed up from my phone, onto the laptop?

I mainly don’t want to lose the progress in muh games. :D

14. Ah. Yeah, I can’t argue then. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes that's what I mean and it depends on the app, Uber won't turn sideway. Most will. I only notice because I use the phone vertically and the iPad turned sideway.

16. Gotcha.

I’m hoping all the games work ok. I’m addicted to this BricksBallCrusher game. It would be fun to play it on a bigass screen.

17. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Not all games or apps that you can get for your phone will also have an app for the ipad.

As for stuff on your hard drive, just install icloud on your laptop and put those files in there. Then you use the files app on your phone or ipad to access them.

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol, you are talking to an 86 year old regarding technology here. :D

Gorilla George and R Acree like this.
  19. Can’t argue with that either.

If I can’t lift it, ride it, punch it, or make it go boom, I’m lost. :D

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How does your wife feel about this problem?