1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investments

Discussion in 'General' started by Sheik Abdul ben Falafel, Sep 16, 2014.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I would invest it in a fuel product that we have here in Canada, but you don't have down there. I have been selling quite a bit here and the market down there is prime for it.

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I change my vote. I'd just give it to David Tepper to manage.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Mechanical related business to produce my gadget for BATHS, then sell the working design:up:

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

H-D dealership and turn it into a destination dealership. License to print money.

I'm looking at a powersports dealer now...financials are strong but not H-D strong.

5. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

I'll start looking for houses.

6. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Charter schools, 15-18% annually. Let me know if you're interested I can get you in contact.

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

One year? International money laundering based on crypto-currencies for transport.

8. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Ice machines. There is a huge, box truck sized, ice machine near my house. I ran in to the owner one day while filling coolers and he said the one near the coast in FL rakes in money.

Like these...

http://www.icehouseamerica.com/

9. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Bio mass pellets?

10. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

What can I get for tree-fiddy?

11. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Saw those for the first time when I moved down here. Super low overhead, there has to be good margins there.

12. Psychoholic516

Psychoholic516 Well-Known Member

I have an idea that has the opportunity to completely alter the transportation industry (mostly trailers), but I won't mention the details because I'm pretty sure 90% of you have more means than I do to make it happen.

13. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

laundramat.

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I have a few gas stations that take up a mini strip mall.
    They usually have a franchised eatery on side and a laundry-mat on the other.

L-mats make a lot of cash, but you have to have a competent person that knows how to fix the machines. The initial overhead is expensive, also.

While a good business to own, you are not going to see a hefty profit within a year though.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember reading a pamphlet from some "civil disobedience" group who used to rage against laundromats amongst a lot of things. They used to encourage their followers to dump that concrete mix into the washers and run them.

No idea why they raged against clean clothes but they were gutter punks. :D

Throw off the chains of oppression! Bring down the laundromats! :crackup:

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Most of those civil disobedience dudes are middle class or upper middle class white kids with too much time on their hands.

but those kids are also scared of the hood. :D

my stores are in or near the hood.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They used to also encourage their readers to attack bands that sold merch at their hearts by dumping bleach on the tshirts and CDs. Hot dog carts were another target.

Yeap, used to be popular amongst some kids to go and squat for a summer. Rich kids in the lowest east side squatting for the summer before they head back off to the university. :crackup:

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

what did they do to the hotdog carts?

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Pizza shop...

And a junk yard/scrape yard.

Couldnt count the profit fast enough.

20. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I've wondered about this, and even looked into it. It's not so simple, and many areas won't allow for you to build a scrap yard due to zoning.

It's also very expensive to buy the initial machinery to run a scrap yard.

I have my doubts.