1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Tv options

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jan 6, 2018.

1. kevinr

kevinr Well-Known Member

I’ve had them all and PSVue was the best for me but they dropped Bein so no MotoGP. Sling is 2nd for me. I have Prime, Sling and Hulu (for free). I still have cable because my cable company is too dumb to filter it from the street.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You have Hulu or Hulu Live? They’re two different services.

3. kevinr

kevinr Well-Known Member

Just HULU. We got it from a Sprint wireless subscription. I would like to try YouTube tv but not great in my area yet.

4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I'm watching MNF (ESPN) on Hulu live right now. I've had it for a couple of months and really like it. Hulu even has some original programming.

5. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Suppose.tv is a website that compares the various streaming sites based on what you want to watch.

Having said that, Philo.com @ $16 is great, but no sports.

John

XFBO likes this.
  6. thrak410

Philo is interesting but it has no local stations which is why it’s so cheap.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always start with an antenna for local channels. Most broadcast from the same general part of town so should be easy to aim at them. Then look at a Tivo for DVR options - they have a guide for local stuff and you can program/search recordings just like cable or dish. After that look at the different streaming, you won't need as many as you think. I only got sling for Bein, so I'll cancel that soon since MotoAmerica is switching to another channel. Prime is a given for more than TV so I don't even count it - although I do use the video portion a good amount. So really all I've added in so far is Hulu for recent shows that I don't get OTA.

8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Do you know what they're switching to? Thanks

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing but rumors that I can't pass on sorry.

10. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

pass 'em on when you can:beer:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll see it on RRW and here before I know I can talk :D

12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Just bought myself a roku so I could get sling so I could get bein - oh well

I'll watch RRW to see whats up

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I may keep Bein for the rest of the motorcycle coverage worldwide. They even have cool stuff like the Italian CEV series.

14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

better figure out how to get nbc sports now that fox sports lost the supercross contract to nbc sports. were were just getting ready to pull the trigger on a dish to take to canada with us to watch the SX races on fox, when the announcement happened. Ski

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Does anyone have DirecTvNow

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The issue that I had with Sling was that on Monday or Thursday night football, Sling's NFL Network would be "blacked out" for a few of the games. :mad:

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Because they are on Amazon. I have Prime just for free shipping, getting TV/Movies and some NFL games out of it is all just gravy.

18. thrak410

YoutubeTV and Hulu Live both have NBCSN.

19. thrak410

Testing Hulu live on roku ultra this week and, after getting pi-hole configured properly, We’re quite pleased. Quality is good enough, although I do notice motion is different. Can’t quite put my finger on it, may be frame rate, but it’s not the same as DirecTV.

The real test will be watching football this weekend.

20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Is Roku different than a Firestick? I have a smart tv with the firestick...